Author Topic: Siege of Toren Stronghold  (Read 23930 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Siege of Toren Stronghold
« Reply #60: May 28, 2015, 01:10:21 AM »
I'm surprised it took this long for them to attack Taselak, I expected it to happen like two months ago.

Two months ago they were still taking outer regions from Taselak. Even now the assault is likely to fail, had they thrown away their armies while Taselak had substantial holdings remaining, that would have given Taselak an edge for a while to make gain. The theory now would be that Taselak is wounded enough that after the assault fails they won't be able to do much before a refit can occur and a 2nd assault begin.

There is only about a 10k difference in attacker vs defender, and that is after the ability for Taselak to field a mobile force was significantly reduced.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61: May 28, 2015, 03:25:48 AM »
I'm surprised it took this long for them to attack Taselak, I expected it to happen like two months ago.
One of the biggest mistakes generals make in Battlemaster is assaulting a city too early. Assaulting a city and failing can often be the turning point in a war. I've seen it happen so many times.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Zakilevo

« Reply #62: May 28, 2015, 03:36:29 AM »
Few things...

1) Taselak's Mobile CS - They have 13~15k at most now. Even if this siege fails, what are they going to do with their mobile armies? Refit? I don't think so. You guys are out of gold probably at this point. Run TOs? At most you will get two regions only to lose them in less than 2 days. So at this point, Taselak has been weakened enough and their mobile CS is no longer a threat.

2) Militia - You can't mobilize militia for two weeks. If a battle happens, the timer resets. So Taselak just has a lot of non-mobile units they can't really use. Reinforcing it will cost a lot again.

3) Wall - If you haven't noticed, it is expensive to rebuild walls on SI. Very expensive.

So to sum up, Taselak is incapable of doing all three things at once. Eventually, they will crumble. Also, Taselak's noble count seems to be going down pretty rapidly meaning after few battles, most Tasels will be gone and the city will probably be empty enough to be conquered.

Ossan

• Noble Lord
  • RIP Barca, Taselak, Cagil
    • View Profile
« Reply #63: May 28, 2015, 07:14:12 AM »
All I have to do is lose a duel and we've got 500 more gold!

One of the biggest mistakes generals make in Battlemaster is assaulting a city too early. Assaulting a city and failing can often be the turning point in a war. I've seen it happen so many times.

Oh I agree, been there and done that too. I just feel like they should have been able to take those regions a lot faster, if they were better coordinated and led anyway.
Taselak is Best-elak.

Xavax, to be taken all day erry' day.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #64: May 28, 2015, 07:19:46 AM »
All I have to do is lose a duel and we've got 500 more gold!

Oh I agree, been there and done that too. I just feel like they should have been able to take those regions a lot faster, if they were better coordinated and led anyway.

Sandalak has constantly shown it ability to TO regions faster then any other realm on the island. Ikalak on the other hand doesn't have the mobile force to match the speeds of the other two realms. Combine that with the increasing issue of distance from the capital VS Taselaks decreasing distance in order to reverse TO's and you are pretty much playing paper general here, and poorly.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.