Author Topic: Talking, in Morek? The Apocalypse is nigh!  (Read 15531 times)

Zakilevo

Who cares about the new realm. We are planning to create more. The new realm is led by Eviera anyway. It will just be a boring dead realm nobody really cares about.  ;)

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Sounds good. You need to start a new thing too. New name, new flag, all that stuff.

Varwulf

• Knight
    • View Profile
Who cares about the new realm. We are planning to create more. The new realm is led by Eviera anyway. It will just be a boring dead realm nobody really cares about.  ;)

Oh, it's going to be so fun proving you wrong :)

Never doubt the power of renewed spark, sense of purpose, and dozens of ounces of Red Bull.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 11:52:04 PM by Varwulf »
Varwulf (Vix Tiramora), Rhyndaria (Caergoth), Ikosia (Caergoth), Kunoreyvn (Sandalak), Kimiakiaruni (Sandalak), Balkrom (Nothoi), Sythia (Arcaea), Eviera (Morek Empire)

Varwulf

• Knight
    • View Profile
In the face of a rebellion Morek's ruler steps down and secedes.
During subsequent days old Morek nobles log in and switch allegiance to the new realm.
In a few weeks we will have the old Morek with all its cities and nobles intact but under a new name.
Somewhere inbetween those cities there will be a few townslands and rural provinces held by Lurian/Asylonian spies still named Morek.

Am I missing something or was it the most complicated and over the top way to deal with a rebellion I've ever seen? :D

You're missing something :)  A lot of something.

Let's see, especially considering one of the members of said perceived rebellion is now a member of the new realm?  Oh my, the plot thickens like properly crafted beef stew!
Varwulf (Vix Tiramora), Rhyndaria (Caergoth), Ikosia (Caergoth), Kunoreyvn (Sandalak), Kimiakiaruni (Sandalak), Balkrom (Nothoi), Sythia (Arcaea), Eviera (Morek Empire)

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
In the face of a rebellion Morek's ruler steps down and secedes.
During subsequent days old Morek nobles log in and switch allegiance to the new realm.
In a few weeks we will have the old Morek with all its cities and nobles intact but under a new name.
Somewhere inbetween those cities there will be a few townslands and rural provinces held by Lurian/Asylonian spies still named Morek.

Am I missing something or was it the most complicated and over the top way to deal with a rebellion I've ever seen? :D

It wasn't a rebellion. Only a couple people were in the underground. I personally was not one of them. I was merely suspected of being in the underground.

Basically the dissenters were exiled. When the exiled nobles refused to leave, the ruler had basically lost at that point. Sge stepped down at that point and and seceded because the shock of our dissent forced her to reevaluate the situation.

Varwulf

• Knight
    • View Profile
It wasn't a rebellion. Only a couple people were in the underground. I personally was not one of them. I was merely suspected of being in the underground.

Basically the dissenters were exiled. When the exiled nobles refused to leave, the ruler had basically lost at that point. Sge stepped down at that point and and seceded because the shock of our dissent forced her to reevaluate the situation.

More accurate, but still not entirely correct :)

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
More accurate, but still not entirely correct :)

Close enough, I'm not you  :P

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
It is certainly how it appears in D'Hara.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Varwulf

• Knight
    • View Profile
It is certainly how it appears in D'Hara.

I think the perception is a bit more accurate to the ones physically experiencing or causing these events ;)

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
A common misconception.  :P

Varwulf

• Knight
    • View Profile
Close enough, I'm not you  :P

The fact is, this was planned long ago to make things more interesting, the only change to the original plan was exiling the three "dissenters".  So really, the secession had absolutely nothing to do with the exiles.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
I think the perception is a bit more accurate to the ones physically experiencing or causing these events ;)

That is beyond stupid. The reality of any event, when known and believed by only a few, is of far less importance then the perception of the majority. In all events perceptions are obviously biased, what is important is what is the perception of those that have influence regarding the eventual outcomes. By carrying out the two events in such rapid succession all that has occurred is that Eviera simply appears as a petulant and weak ruler. The OOC reasoning and the previous time land of the events don't change the IG perception.

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
y u butthurt, mate?

Varwulf

• Knight
    • View Profile
Well, far be it from me for finally tossing a monkey wrench into the system of monotony that has become Dwilight in an effort to make things more interesting.  I think the majority of players would agree that this now makes Dwilight more fun than what equates to turning Microsoft Excel into a game of sorts.

As well, if I am not mistaken, somewhere it is written that one of the objectives of those in positions of power is to make the game interesting, not sit on their hind quarters collecting gold.  Just saying.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 03:02:38 AM by Varwulf »

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Again, learn to separate IC and OOC. OOC this might be a great thing for Dwilight. That is totally different from arguing against the legitimate IC perceptions of the actions which are separate to OOC rationales.