Author Topic: Possible lost bonds  (Read 10744 times)

MaleMaldives

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Possible lost bonds
« Topic Start: June 07, 2011, 02:30:22 AM »
If you have a character on the East Continent you may be familiar with what happened. Pretty much a Sirion noble bought the city of Krimml, and my character was the duke before that. My character got transferred as a noble of Westmoor to a noble of Sirion. I had a decent amount of bonds, and I don't know if it is a bug or not that I lost them. I could see arguments for both keeping them and losing them, but I am hoping that if it wasn't a bug and I was supposed to lose them then they at least go back to Westmoor through the tax system as extra income. Could anyway clarify what happens exactly?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Possible lost bonds
« Reply #1: June 07, 2011, 03:32:32 AM »
Any time you change realms, your bonds go *poof*.

Bonds are issued by the government of a particular realm.  Anywhere else, they're nothing but pieces of paper.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #2: June 07, 2011, 03:35:39 AM »
Ah well, it's too bad that all nobles, no matter what, must immediately destroy all their bonds whenever they change realms for some reason. Or maybe the bonds are magically linked to their allegiance, and can telepathically tell when to self destruct. lololol

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: June 07, 2011, 04:14:48 AM »
Ah well, it's too bad that all nobles, no matter what, must immediately destroy all their bonds whenever they change realms for some reason. Or maybe the bonds are magically linked to their allegiance, and can telepathically tell when to self destruct. lololol

The bankers (NPCs) keep track of the allegiances of nobles, and as soon as one leaves the realm, they immediately (and with great relish) order all his bonds forfeit, and confiscated by the bank.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: June 07, 2011, 04:17:42 AM »
The bankers (NPCs) keep track of the allegiances of nobles, and as soon as one leaves the realm, they immediately (and with great relish) order all his bonds forfeit, and confiscated by the bank.

Sounds like the were trained by the Templars
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #5: June 07, 2011, 04:25:44 AM »
All those involved in the tax system are freakishly skilled. It is a wonder why we don't make them fight our wars. If they were utilized for battle I bet we would have lost not a single region to the invaders in BT's 4th Inv. They can reach you whether you're in prison, you forcibly went to sleep in a faraway land, you have outstanding taxes to pay. Man, and you wonder why realms like Enweil and Hetland complained about NPCs being OP. If you ever let taxmen be an NPC type then you'll see realms simply ragequit all over the place.

MaleMaldives

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: June 07, 2011, 06:56:40 AM »
So did they go to Westmoor as taxes?

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #7: June 07, 2011, 08:08:45 AM »

I believe it should show up in the old realm's "other taxes".
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: June 07, 2011, 12:08:09 PM »
But is it a bug that the character changed realm? The knights should, I think, but it seems weird for the Duke.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: June 07, 2011, 01:37:09 PM »
I believe it should show up in the old realm's "other taxes".

No, and no.

Like I said, they go *poof*.  They vanish into thin air.  They are gone.  Unrecoverable.  Claimed by the NPC bankers to pad their own pockets.
Timothy Collett

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: June 07, 2011, 01:56:45 PM »
But is it a bug that the character changed realm? The knights should, I think, but it seems weird for the Duke.

The Duke loses his title, but will then still be aligned to the region as a simple estate-less Noble. And since the region switched allegiances, the former Duke does too.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: June 07, 2011, 02:34:08 PM »
A region cannot be bought so long as the region lord still holds office. So in order for them to have bought the region, they must have first kicked out the duke somehow. The former duke may still have had the court rank of duke, but he wasn't the duke of the city. As Telrunya says, the former duke would be a "noble" of the region. No oath and no estate, but still aligned to the region, just as the knights. The fact that he used to the duke is of no consequence when the region switches realms.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #12: June 07, 2011, 04:15:18 PM »
No, and no.

Like I said, they go *poof*.  They vanish into thin air.  They are gone.  Unrecoverable.  Claimed by the NPC bankers to pad their own pockets.

What... okay, so when you pause your bonds are "given back" but when you leave they "vanish". :P
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: June 07, 2011, 04:23:01 PM »
A paused character is not leaving the realm. IC, a paused character still exists, is still alive, and is still a member of the realm. They are just not being actively played. Which is a concept that does not exist IC.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: June 07, 2011, 04:43:43 PM »
A region cannot be bought so long as the region lord still holds office. So in order for them to have bought the region, they must have first kicked out the duke somehow. The former duke may still have had the court rank of duke, but he wasn't the duke of the city. As Telrunya says, the former duke would be a "noble" of the region. No oath and no estate, but still aligned to the region, just as the knights. The fact that he used to the duke is of no consequence when the region switches realms.

That makes sense, thanks.
After all it's a roleplaying game.