Author Topic: Possible lost bonds  (Read 10745 times)

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
Re: Possible lost bonds
« Reply #15: June 07, 2011, 05:05:47 PM »
A paused character is not leaving the realm. IC, a paused character still exists, is still alive, and is still a member of the realm. They are just not being actively played. Which is a concept that does not exist IC.

I see, though the banker takes your bonds... what a mean guy, he takes the bonds of those who are still in the realm and just rips apart those going away. 8)
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: June 07, 2011, 05:20:55 PM »
The is a difference between the Banker and the bankers. One is a useful political ally; the others are generally better at counting.  :)
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: June 07, 2011, 06:19:19 PM »
There are only one cases where the Banker gets the money: A region has no lord on tax day. Other than that, the bonds/gold go into the realm tax pool, not directly to a player.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

MaleMaldives

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: June 07, 2011, 08:03:23 PM »
A region cannot be bought so long as the region lord still holds office. So in order for them to have bought the region, they must have first kicked out the duke somehow. The former duke may still have had the court rank of duke, but he wasn't the duke of the city. As Telrunya says, the former duke would be a "noble" of the region. No oath and no estate, but still aligned to the region, just as the knights. The fact that he used to the duke is of no consequence when the region switches realms.

O I thought I as still duke of the city at that time it was bought. I was recently caught and put in prison though. Do you lose your titles when put in prison right away?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: June 07, 2011, 08:04:22 PM »
Sometimes.

MaleMaldives

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: June 07, 2011, 08:36:00 PM »
Isn't that weird then if it is random if you lose your titles or not, or do you mean it depends on the title? I was only in prison for about a day.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: June 07, 2011, 08:43:45 PM »
It is random whether or not you lose a title. If you lose a title due to imprisonment, it will happen immediately.

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: June 07, 2011, 09:53:54 PM »
No, and no.

Like I said, they go *poof*.  They vanish into thin air.  They are gone.  Unrecoverable.  Claimed by the NPC bankers to pad their own pockets.

Would be nice if they actually did go to the realms "other income" bit. These days there's just too many situations where people end up in realms when they had no desire for it and then the realm just loses all the bonds. Bonds are after all supposed to be a very secure form of holding on to money and it's not like it disappears from the realms bank.
Join us on IRC #battlemaster@QuakeNet
Read about the fantasy stories I'm writing.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: June 08, 2011, 12:45:16 AM »
Would be nice if they actually did go to the realms "other income" bit. These days there's just too many situations where people end up in realms when they had no desire for it and then the realm just loses all the bonds. Bonds are after all supposed to be a very secure form of holding on to money and it's not like it disappears from the realms bank.

I would agree to this. I my mind the bond system we have is basically underwritten by the realm. In this case the realm would simply seize the bond assets of the noble that was leaving, and put them back into the wider circulation. If it was known that there are several situations where the bankers simply seize the gold that the bonds represent, to me that would cause the nobility to lose faith in the system and move away from it.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #24: June 08, 2011, 02:17:28 AM »
There are only one cases where the Banker gets the money: A region has no lord on tax day. Other than that, the bonds/gold go into the realm tax pool, not directly to a player.

Ah, I meant "take your bonds for the realm".  It'd be awesome if the Banker could just manipulate the bonds market, but alas that is not the case.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: June 08, 2011, 08:16:15 AM »
Wow, that's...incredibly unlucky. You're imprisoned, lose your title, have your city bought away from you during the single day you're in jail and then lose all your bonds? That would suck. Considerably.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: June 08, 2011, 08:22:30 AM »
Wow, that's...incredibly unlucky. You're imprisoned, lose your title, have your city bought away from you during the single day you're in jail and then lose all your bonds? That would suck. Considerably.

Indeed, I've now added this to things I want to do to my enemies.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: June 08, 2011, 09:11:43 AM »
A region cannot be bought so long as the region lord still holds office. So in order for them to have bought the region, they must have first kicked out the duke somehow. The former duke may still have had the court rank of duke, but he wasn't the duke of the city. As Telrunya says, the former duke would be a "noble" of the region. No oath and no estate, but still aligned to the region, just as the knights. The fact that he used to the duke is of no consequence when the region switches realms.

I would like to hear some more about this. Would being injured by an infiltrator be the same as losing the Duke position? Because I know for a fact that this is what happened in the Cagilan/Carelian war - Duke was injured by infiltrator, then the region was bought (probably about 1 day afterward).

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: June 08, 2011, 11:59:07 AM »
I would like to hear some more about this. Would being injured by an infiltrator be the same as losing the Duke position? Because I know for a fact that this is what happened in the Cagilan/Carelian war - Duke was injured by infiltrator, then the region was bought (probably about 1 day afterward).

You can lose your position from being wounded, just like you can lose it from being captured. It is a random thing, sometimes it happens sometimes it doesn't. It seems like it used to happen a lot more a few years ago. but that could just be the effect of time.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: June 08, 2011, 02:12:07 PM »
Losing your position from being wounded and losing it from being imprisoned happen in different ways. If you are imprisoned, you will either lose your title immediately or not at all. If you are wounded, then it takes time to lose your title. You have to be wounded over a certain level for a certain number of days. Then you have a chance to lose it after that number of days. (I don't remember the number of days.)

I think it may still be possible, though, to instantly lose a lordship from an infiltrator attack, if you hit hard enough. Not sure...