Author Topic: Evil Realm  (Read 11542 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Realm
« Reply #15: May 13, 2015, 10:02:09 PM »
There are few details I no longer remember. I mean it would be stupid to just outright go 'I WANT TO RAID YOU ALL AND RAPE BURN EVERYTHING' from the get go. Also, I am not really the one who wants to create this. I think it is the player of Hemmings who wants to create an evil realm. I opened this so he doesn't flood Sandalak's message board with ooc messages.

Oh, great. So "evil realm" here actually means "realm whose purpose is to do everything possible to piss off the dev team."
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Zakilevo

« Reply #16: May 13, 2015, 10:37:39 PM »
Out-of-Character from Earon Hemmings   (14 hours, 59 minutes ago)
Message sent to everyone in your realm (65 recipients)
You know what the game needs? An Absolute Evil realm.

It has to be strong enough to possibly win against the rest of the island, and a combination of Assassins Guild and Outer Tilog. Everything bad from every book you've ever read rolled into one.

I would beg to be allowed to play in that realm!
JR Smith

Out-of-Character from Nastassia D'Anglos   (14 hours, 35 minutes ago)

A couples of years after this games started on the internet in one of the worlds I play in there was a realm that basical ran an assassin realm.

You start out as a warriors to build up your honor and prestiges, but was expect to switch to infiltaror as soon as possibles, and it was a must to get your skill over 40% so you could travel invisibles or disguise as a merchant to carry out assassination.

If I remember correctly they lasted for about a year and half, maybe two before CE or one of the northern realms slaughter them.
Amazonia D'Anglos

Out-of-Character from Earon Hemmings   (14 hours, 14 minutes ago)
 A year and a half is pretty good run :-)

I don't mean a silly "I Can't Believe it's Not Butter" realm - I mean a good "the strongest is right and none of your squeamishness" realms. A combo of Barony of Makar/Assassins Guild/Outer Tilog that wants to turn the whole island rogue.

Thinking Atamara would be a good place for it :-P
JR Smith

Out-of-Character from Earon Hemmings   (14 hours ago)
No, I was only joking about Atamara (though it WOULD be nice...).

(one) possible back story:

Evil wizard in a tower in the capitol, spreading his magical influence over everyone. So you're all "enchanted" - explaining how you can just use that extra char with new personality :-)

Not everyone will come under the influence, so they'll have to banned & driven out :-)

Build up your forces and go pillaging

Just ONE possibility...
JR Smith

Out-of-Character from Heidrek Serpentis   (10 hours, 51 minutes ago)
An Evil Empire? For some good years I called it... ahem... Sirion ;)
Eduardo

The Red Foliot

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: May 14, 2015, 02:09:38 AM »
This was the intent of the proposal I made awhile back, to have human led monster invasions in order to destabilize extremely stable continents. It's clear that regular politics tend to stagnate, that realms deadlock themselves politically with mazes of political alliances and chummy relations. Having an evil realm or a monster invasion could periodically break things up.

It's kind of a campy idea, though.

Perhaps a more compelling idea, from a narrative standpoint, would be to introduce nomadic invasions in lieu of monster invasions and evil realms. Have realms situated on difficult-to-traverse deserts or steppes, representing nomadic societies or barbarians, which would periodically emerge to reset the board, to some extent.

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: May 14, 2015, 03:53:19 AM »
Well, we've got Luria already.
So you can just jump on the bandwagon, you know.  :P

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: May 15, 2015, 01:31:38 PM »
Sint tried to summon a god of destruction upon BT, and openly worshipped daimons (their religion's wiki page stated daimons were gods until the very end), and they were protected by the vast majority of realms until it imploded and geopolitical factors made it convenient to turn on them.

The Blood Cult, with its human sacrifices, became an openly accepted entity in a great number of realms, at its peak. It was even Fronen's official religion. The only bad rep it ever really got was for "allying with daimons", which was somewhat true/untrue (and varying degrees through time), very few people made a fuss about the religion murdering people left and right.

Very few, that is, except those who had (again) geopolitical reasons to oppose it. And the same applies to Outer Tilog, I believe.

Truth is, in BM, pretty much anything goes. If it's in your allies' best interests to set aside your misdeeds, they will do so. If you have enemies, they will use absolutely anything they can think of to vilify you, wether you provide them something to vilify or not. The concept of an evil realm thus becomes moot, because you either fall in the very stereotypical and comical psycopath category, or you pretty much because just about your average BM realm.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: May 17, 2015, 08:49:35 AM »
Instead of a Evil Realm, why not an "Intercontinental Evil Guild"? First you choose a better name than that... then youset your cruel goals, recruit members and sends them to conflicting realms or with potential for conflict. You infiltrates your members in these realms, sometimes into two rival realms (or allied ones), and then you let your members cause the most confusion possible (according to their Machiavellian goals). You can start a guild in one continent and spread... you can merge it with your own evil religion. Instead of a realm, you will have a secrect society acting where you want.
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: May 18, 2015, 11:31:50 AM »
Instead of a Evil Realm, why not an "Intercontinental Evil Guild"? First you choose a better name than that... then youset your cruel goals, recruit members and sends them to conflicting realms or with potential for conflict. You infiltrates your members in these realms, sometimes into two rival realms (or allied ones), and then you let your members cause the most confusion possible (according to their Machiavellian goals). You can start a guild in one continent and spread... you can merge it with your own evil religion. Instead of a realm, you will have a secrect society acting where you want.

That would be cool depending on your goals. With something like this, you run the risk of controlling most realms if you're too succesful and get a lot of Ducal positions. On the other hand, if you use it to cause more war etc, it would definately be fun and I'm in.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: May 19, 2015, 01:51:10 AM »
Oh, great. So "evil realm" here actually means "realm whose purpose is to do everything possible to piss off the dev team."

I'm assuming you're referring to the kill rape burn everything non-idea dismissed in the post you quoted.

Why would this piss the dev team off? Seems like such a realm, responsibly run, would add a lot of conflict and unpredictability to the game, which can only be a good thing.

I'm down for an evil realm, ready to put in some good effort towards the execution. Maybe we can set up a method for interested parties to interact and develop ideas.
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: May 19, 2015, 01:59:34 AM »
I'm assuming you're referring to the kill rape burn everything non-idea dismissed in the post you quoted.

Why would this piss the dev team off? Seems like such a realm, responsibly run, would add a lot of conflict and unpredictability to the game, which can only be a good thing.

No, I'm referring to the player of the Hemmings family, who is a former developer who left in a huff because we wouldn't do everything the way he wanted us to. Now he gets his kicks by insulting the dev team every chance he gets and doing his level best to irritate the living daylights out of us.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: May 22, 2015, 09:27:09 PM »
No, I'm referring to the player of the Hemmings family, who is a former developer who left in a huff because we wouldn't do everything the way he wanted us to. Now he gets his kicks by insulting the dev team every chance he gets and doing his level best to irritate the living daylights out of us.

that's annoying.  he is a quality player tho, takes the road less traveled.
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: May 24, 2015, 07:12:10 AM »
I do believe I have been summoned. Gentlemen?
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: May 26, 2015, 01:30:54 PM »
Surely we already have an Officially Evil Realm - Outer Tilog.

Lacedaemon

• Knight
  • Amyclas, Belarus, Aigre Valens
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: June 11, 2015, 03:04:06 PM »
We can totally be evil and meta-game our plans on the forums before unleashing them onto the unwashed masses in the real game...

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: June 12, 2015, 12:06:44 AM »
So a certain Himouran within a certain Trenton (to be renamed) may be collecting scrolls as part of a plan to summon the end of days upon Beluaterra...well, maybe. Right now she's just got a couple scrolls, wondering what to do with these fancy magical papers. But with invasion rates working on BT again, if the above sounds interesting, she may very well be interested in such a plan.

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: July 12, 2015, 01:32:38 AM »
I have 3 scrolls in BT... just waiting a chance to use them.
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!