Author Topic: Morek and Astrum  (Read 4901 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Morek and Astrum
« Topic Start: May 21, 2015, 06:37:19 PM »
So there was a secession in Morek? How'd that happen?

And Astrum finally took Libidizedd back?

Luria gaining land in Fissoa?

By the way, the historical maps are referencing the wrong geo map, for Dwilight. http://maps.battlemaster.org/History-8/2015-05-18-0.jpg
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Morek and Astrum
« Reply #1: May 21, 2015, 06:59:16 PM »
By the way, the historical maps are referencing the wrong geo map, for Dwilight.

That's because there is no full-size geo map for Dwilight.

I would be most delighted if anyone wanted to take a copy of the Age of Wonders map editor and reproduce Dwilight in it, so that we could actually have that full geo map again.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: May 21, 2015, 07:05:57 PM »
May as well use the map with names, instead of the project map, no?

http://maps.battlemaster.org/Dwilight.jpg
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: May 21, 2015, 07:29:58 PM »
May as well use the map with names, instead of the project map, no?

http://maps.battlemaster.org/Dwilight.jpg

I think there was some specific reason we weren't doing that, but I can't remember it off the top of my head. Been a while since I delved into the mapping stuff.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: May 26, 2015, 01:44:02 PM »
On a similar note it would be nice if the geographic maps for EC and FEI didn't link to the same file and weren't both wrong even pre-glacier.

Ossan

• Noble Lord
  • RIP Barca, Taselak, Cagil
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: May 28, 2015, 12:37:56 AM »
That's because there is no full-size geo map for Dwilight.

I would be most delighted if anyone wanted to take a copy of the Age of Wonders map editor and reproduce Dwilight in it, so that we could actually have that full geo map again.
Sure, but if I did it the inner sea would be largely filled in with new regions to make Dwilgiht significantly more playable and less crappy.
Taselak is Best-elak.

Xavax, to be taken all day erry' day.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: May 28, 2015, 01:17:19 AM »
Sure, but if I did it the inner sea would be largely filled in with new regions to make Dwilgiht significantly more playable and less crappy.

And thus, all your work would go to waste.

If you want to make a new continent, or remake the EC into something more interesting, I'm definitely willing to hear you out. But what we need for Dwilight is a fix for the map as it exists today.

Anything else is wishful thinking at best, just plain not delivering what's asked at worst.
Timothy Collett

Ossan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: May 28, 2015, 07:08:06 AM »
Oh yeah I don't expect the devs to fill in the sea, I'm sure it would take major work that is probably better spent on other parts of the game. Would be great though. I'd like to help redesign EC, but unfortunately I have never had a character there and know nothing about it so I don't feel like I am qualified. Although perhaps that would make me a very unbiased party heh?
Taselak is Best-elak.

Zakilevo

« Reply #8: May 28, 2015, 08:22:29 AM »
I have some ideas... maybe too radical... How much can we change anyway?

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: May 28, 2015, 09:45:53 AM »
A few Dwilight changes that come to mind:
  • reduce the winter travel penalties.
  • speed up sea travel by 10-20% so that you can cross most sea zones in one turn.
  • move the tomb isles north to just south of Libidizedd OR move Libidizedd isle south.
  • move the Madina and Fatmilak islands north.

Ossan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: May 28, 2015, 10:13:57 AM »
Removing some of those mountains in Swordfell might help too.
Taselak is Best-elak.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: May 28, 2015, 11:12:21 AM »
And thus, all your work would go to waste.

If you want to make a new continent, or remake the EC into something more interesting, I'm definitely willing to hear you out. But what we need for Dwilight is a fix for the map as it exists today.

Anything else is wishful thinking at best, just plain not delivering what's asked at worst.

See how it mentions NEW Continent or EC, but not dwiligiht. Thus suggesting fixes to dwilight are largely pointless.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Zakilevo

« Reply #12: May 31, 2015, 06:29:34 AM »
\o/ New ruler of Morek is here!

Ready for one more new realm?

Ossan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: May 31, 2015, 09:35:13 AM »
I feel like this is not going to end well. It might not end badly either, but it doesn't leave me with much confidence.

EDIT: It should be more fun than the war that nobody cares about in Morek against Luria at least though.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 09:40:41 AM by Ossan »
Taselak is Best-elak.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: August 26, 2015, 03:31:01 PM »
I feel like this is not going to end well. It might not end badly either, but it doesn't leave me with much confidence.

EDIT: It should be more fun than the war that nobody cares about in Morek against Luria at least though.

This is quickly proving wrong. :3