Author Topic: Feature Request: Public Wealth List  (Read 7264 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Feature Request: Public Wealth List
« Topic Start: June 02, 2015, 05:37:31 PM »
And do you have a good system to separate and indicate that the IC harassment is not extrapolating to OOC?

If you see OOC harassment, report it to the Titans.

It would be very easy to harass a player and threat a banishment  OOC and claim it to be IC.

And it would be too easy to make a IC discussion overflow to an OOC discussion.

If people suspect about a player hoarding gold there are already systems to investigate and use it IC.

Only the ruler can do this. And how many of the people hoarding gold do you think are rulers right now, hmm? Or at least have rulers as close friends?

To give power to everyone to keep tabs at other players gold, is too toxic.

You keep saying this, but all you've given as evidence is "some people might harass them for it OOC."

You also have a weekly report of how much gold a character receive, and you can see how much gold his family has in the character detail page.

Everyone in the realm doesn't get to see everyone else's income.

I see no need for a public wealth list.

I do.

It makes perfect sense that nobles knew who held large amounts of personal wealth. They wouldn't know the exact amount, but they'd know the rough magnitude. That's what this feature seeks to show.

It will also, yes, provide pressure on those nobles to actually spend that wealth on something. I see this as a good thing.

Frankly, if someone is sitting in BattleMaster hoarding tens or hundreds of thousands of gold, and having people bugging them to spend that gold on something beneficial to the realm is enough to get them to leave the game, then I'm not sure they were really contributing that much to the game in the first place.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan