Author Topic: Feature Request: Public Wealth List  (Read 7325 times)

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Feature Request: Public Wealth List
« Topic Start: May 21, 2015, 08:39:58 PM »
Title: Public Wealth List

Summary: There should be a publicly available list of characters who hold "excessive" wealth.

Introduction: After looking at the statistics page, more specificly the continent-comparison stats that give pie charts, I noticed Atamara held more than 1.1 million (this is not a typo) gold. When I asked if this was the wealth between the characters, the answer was "yes". Even more info got out. Apparently the wealth is concentrated in some characters (e.g. one EC char has almost 100k gold, 6 atamaran nobles hold 500k gold between them, ...). Now, while hoarding gold is a very noble thing, I believe this situation needs at least some form of addressing. It might be useful if this were public knowledge. For example, if a character holds 100 thousand gold, be it cash or in bonds, I am sure that would be known amongst nobility. I'm going to estimate that the average noble holds, at best, 500 gold (I might be oddly off, though).

Details:

Tim suggested something good on IRC (and, well, it's Tim); "As long as you are one of the top X nobles on the continent as far as gold + bonds combined, *and* you are over (say) 10k, some approximation of your wealth is known, rounded down to the nearest 5k or 25k, depending on how much you have."

I think this is a good suggestion. It will ensure the exact amount of wealth a character has is not known, but an approximation will give others an idea at the very least. It could be added to the "Information" tab in the game, thus ensuring all players have access to it.

Benefits: Accountability of rich characters. Various ways for your characters to use this information to scheme, plot and seek out alliances. Fair information for a possible adversary.

Disadvantages: putting certain players under unwanted pressure.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 08:47:29 PM by Fleugs »
Ardet nec consumitur.