Author Topic: the conflict looming  (Read 58412 times)

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
the conflict looming
« Topic Start: June 07, 2011, 10:43:59 AM »
Power blocks are establishing in Beluaterra and several realms definably have something to solve between each other.

it's starting to look like this:

Enweil, Fronen, (and perhaps Sint?)Vs OG, Notoi, Riombara and  Talmarkin and  Melhed on the decisive side line.

Things have been awful silent lately, i have a feeling something is brewing, some realms are definably planning something.
what do we think?
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: the conflict looming
« Reply #1: June 07, 2011, 11:06:04 AM »
So basically, business as usual with the same basic factions as before :P

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: June 07, 2011, 11:42:26 AM »
So basically, business as usual with the same basic factions as before :P

They still have unsettled business, (un)Fortunately.

Naidraug

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: June 07, 2011, 02:05:32 PM »
With the recente OG/Thalmarkin alliance I think we can add them to OG side, leaving only Melhed as a decisive realm....

Edit: One other thing also, with monsters and undead spawn beeing more rare now, the realms can fight each other once again.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 02:11:54 PM by Naidraug »
Stryfe Family: Tristan - Heorot/ Scherzer - Nothoi / Finan - Caelum / Arya - Farronite Republic

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: June 07, 2011, 02:31:36 PM »
I don't think things are quite that cut and dry yet, unless I've missed something (entirely possible). Blocks are forming, but a lot of things are still quite fluid.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: June 07, 2011, 02:43:42 PM »
... leaving ... Melhed as a decisive realm ...
Melhed... decisive? Surely you jest...  ::)
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Naidraug

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: June 07, 2011, 02:49:14 PM »

Just following Nosferatus iniciall line of tought(that of course if i understood his post correctly)...
Stryfe Family: Tristan - Heorot/ Scherzer - Nothoi / Finan - Caelum / Arya - Farronite Republic

Silverhawk

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: June 07, 2011, 03:33:00 PM »
leaving only Melhed as a decisive realm....

By the time Melhed has decided which side they are on this war is long over.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; In practice, there is.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: June 07, 2011, 05:31:25 PM »
By the time Melhed has decided which side they are on this war is long over.

indeed, something Shae & Soren and many others have tried to change many times before, lets see if Melhed actually CAN make a decision.

I don't think things are quite that cut and dry yet, unless I've missed something (entirely possible). Blocks are forming, but a lot of things are still quite fluid.

true, i am merely speculating, taking various historic events into consideration.
Like the fact that Old Grekh has border issues with almost all it's neigbours.
The conflict between Enweil and Riombara needs no explanation i geuss, there doomed to go to war.
When that war sparks, many hungry eyes will be set on the conflict.

With the recente OG/Thalmarkin alliance I think we can add them to OG side, leaving only Melhed as a decisive realm....

Diplomatic stances don't necessarily say everything.
Allthough Talmarkin is a colony of OG, Melhed was there only and true ally during the invasion and it's aftermath, helping them considerably.
If it really comes to it and the odds are somewhat even, Talmarkin will probably choose for Melhed above OG.

Tan dSerrai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: June 07, 2011, 06:23:46 PM »
Well, I can give one information from within Riombara - believe it or not, they do not want a conflict with Enweil. If they would, they would have attacked Enweil weeks ago - Riombara was basically stable and (apart from a few infrastructure buildings) did not need any real growth to be ready for war. While Enweil was beset by monsters and still had a long way to go to become stable. Riombara was very much aware at that time that they were in a position of considerable strength in relation to Enweil (roughly twice their army size, smaller territory while having a larger income, less dark borderlands) - a difference which they knew would vanish within 2-4 months (depending on monster attacks). They chose peace with and helping Enweil. Riombara is basically waiting if Enweil attacks them or not - hoping its the latter.

It would be a nice change.. though I am sure that Chenier has an explanation all on his own for that...which basically revolves around Riombara being both too strong and too weak while still being highly aggressive and their help being nonexistent, not asked for, plus with Riombara  not receiving _any_ attacks from the borderlands it still needs to be premetively attacked by Enweil on a peace mission...grin.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: June 07, 2011, 07:58:40 PM »

I was gonna say that but you beat me to the punch.

D`Este

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: June 07, 2011, 09:18:34 PM »
Too many Enweil lovers in Riombara and too busy discussing tax changes...

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: June 07, 2011, 09:59:21 PM »
Too many Enweil lovers in Riombara and too busy discussing tax changes...

It will be very interesting to see which camp prevails. There's definitely a militantly anti-Enweil faction in Riombara, but there's also a pragmatic faction that thinks there's a chance for peace.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: June 08, 2011, 04:43:52 AM »
Well, I can give one information from within Riombara - believe it or not, they do not want a conflict with Enweil. If they would, they would have attacked Enweil weeks ago - Riombara was basically stable and (apart from a few infrastructure buildings) did not need any real growth to be ready for war. While Enweil was beset by monsters and still had a long way to go to become stable. Riombara was very much aware at that time that they were in a position of considerable strength in relation to Enweil (roughly twice their army size, smaller territory while having a larger income, less dark borderlands) - a difference which they knew would vanish within 2-4 months (depending on monster attacks). They chose peace with and helping Enweil. Riombara is basically waiting if Enweil attacks them or not - hoping its the latter.

It would be a nice change.. though I am sure that Chenier has an explanation all on his own for that...which basically revolves around Riombara being both too strong and too weak while still being highly aggressive and their help being nonexistent, not asked for, plus with Riombara  not receiving _any_ attacks from the borderlands it still needs to be premetively attacked by Enweil on a peace mission...grin.

Riombara is indeed being complacent... Doesn't mean we don't resent it for taking Fwuvoghor from us. Our recovery would likely be going a lot better if we had that city back. Ete City was also a big part of our economy, and that's not coming back... I wouldn't expect Enweil to go knocking on Riombara's door any time soon.

So while Fwuvoghor is a major irritant and old insults are not forgotten, Riombara *did* help (and most importantly, didn't exploit our position of weakness) and vengeance for perceived ills (the previous war was to get Delvin's head for Katia's murder, which was never achieved) is not feasible, so Enweil will likely maintain the peace as well. I see no love for Riombara, but not calls for conflict either.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

D`Este

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: June 08, 2011, 10:58:28 AM »
The fact stays....it's battlemaster, so there will be war one way or the other. Nobody enjoys sitting around in a city all day with their shinny units and do nothing.