Author Topic: the conflict looming  (Read 59038 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: the conflict looming
« Reply #15: June 08, 2011, 12:37:58 PM »
The fact stays....it's battlemaster, so there will be war one way or the other. Nobody enjoys sitting around in a city all day with their shinny units and do nothing.

Won't stem from Enweil, our units aren't shiny and they aren't doing nothing. It's not that nothing brews, mind you, just not a war against Riombara.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #16: June 08, 2011, 01:01:15 PM »
Allthough Talmarkin is a colony of OG, Melhed was there only and true ally during the invasion and it's aftermath, helping them considerably.
If it really comes to it and the odds are somewhat even, Talmarkin will probably choose for Melhed above OG.
Colony of OG and Rio, if I remember correctly.

Melhed was not their only "and true" ally during the Invasion or its aftermath.  Because if that was the case, Thalmarkin would have no regions right now.  They'd have all long since starved and gone rogue.  It was Grehkian food that kept them alive.

Pomatim would also again be flying the OG banner above it rather than the Thalmarkin one.  OG had plenty of chance to seize it but held off because Thalmarkin needed a more constant food source.

Laurens88

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: June 08, 2011, 05:29:08 PM »
I was gonna say that but you beat me to the punch.

lol indeed, before a decision is made the Senate first has to discuss the colour of the toilet paper and the towels. Important choices can wait :p

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: June 08, 2011, 10:02:11 PM »
If push came to shove, Thalmarkin would probably go with OG rather than Melhed. Not that it wants to have to make the choice though.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: June 10, 2011, 03:59:18 PM »
I tried to get melhed to war once. Ended up making the whole trip south with 48 well-trained men of their awesome level 5 ranged SF (65 90/60, good in melee too) to join Riombara and kick some Enweilian ass. :)
Oh, and receiving a 1500 bonds farewell present from my liege, bonds because by the time I got it I was already in Grehk and didn't return. Still, nice guy...

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: June 10, 2011, 04:48:23 PM »
Will Melhed every go to a war? I mean, they're like a modern-day democracy. They excel in discussing matters but they fail in making concrete decisions that actually leads them to do stuff. They haven't, as far as I know, been in a war for the past... heck, for as long as I know Melhed was around (and I was there when we founded Old Grehk). Maybe their last war was against Ar Agyr? Varyama Nolvo? Some shady realm probably, that either everyone hated or was so weak they could squash it in a week.

Beluaterra might be a nice place to see some more 1-city states, like Thalmarkin. TM seems to be flourishing and I hope it will encourage other people (read: dukes) to try to achieve the same. In the end, what BT needs is not giant empires (frankly, no continent needs that) but a scattered map with tons of realm fighting over small bits and pieces of the map.

Ardet nec consumitur.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: June 10, 2011, 05:00:02 PM »
Will Melhed every go to a war? I mean, they're like a modern-day democracy. They excel in discussing matters but they fail in making concrete decisions that actually leads them to do stuff. They haven't, as far as I know, been in a war for the past... heck, for as long as I know Melhed was around (and I was there when we founded Old Grehk). Maybe their last war was against Ar Agyr? Varyama Nolvo? Some shady realm probably, that either everyone hated or was so weak they could squash it in a week.

Beluaterra might be a nice place to see some more 1-city states, like Thalmarkin. TM seems to be flourishing and I hope it will encourage other people (read: dukes) to try to achieve the same. In the end, what BT needs is not giant empires (frankly, no continent needs that) but a scattered map with tons of realm fighting over small bits and pieces of the map.

i disagree, if any place then its beluaterra that needs centralism, a single religion or realm that binds all in a common goal to fight the invaders.

Melhed has changed, alot of 'imperialists' or 'centralists'  have taken over and that is also exactly why Melhed survived the invasion.
Without that small revolution that happened and all the fuss it created, Melhed (and talmarkin)would have been destroyed by the undead.

so yeah i think they will easily make such decision now.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: June 10, 2011, 05:06:16 PM »
i disagree, if any place then its beluaterra that needs centralism, a single religion or realm that binds all in a common goal to fight the invaders.

Melhed has changed, alot of 'imperialists' or 'centralists'  have taken over and that is also exactly why Melhed survived the invasion.
Without that small revolution that happened and all the fuss it created, Melhed (and talmarkin)would have been destroyed by the undead.

so yeah i think they will easily make such decision now.

The common goal used to be the "survival of mankind", and I think it somewhere still is. A large religion that would convert practically all of Beluaterra would be interesting, but it would not exclude conflicts. It is not because you share a faith, that you can't fight for land or whatnot. Faith will glue these realms together against a common enemy, but when there's lack of a common enemy, they will not hesitate to jump on one another.

I'm still sceptical about Melhed. Even if they get into a war, do they remember how to march their armies against humans?
Ardet nec consumitur.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: June 10, 2011, 05:46:48 PM »

I'm still sceptical about Melhed. Even if they get into a war, do they remember how to march their armies against humans?

Oowww yes :P

Silverhawk

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: June 10, 2011, 06:01:24 PM »
A large religion that would convert practically all of Beluaterra would be interesting

Now that would be a nice goal.....and there is a conclave of the Order of the Golden Feather this weekend. I suspect this goal might pop up there.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; In practice, there is.

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: June 10, 2011, 06:18:07 PM »
Now that would be a nice goal.....and there is a conclave of the Order of the Golden Feather this weekend. I suspect this goal might pop up there.

I shiver at the name of that religion and what it stands for!  :D
Ardet nec consumitur.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: June 11, 2011, 08:03:45 AM »
Concerning that religion, i have been thinking about it for quite some time now.
This is what i have until now: http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Beluaterranism

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: June 11, 2011, 09:08:34 AM »
Concerning that religion, i have been thinking about it for quite some time now.
This is what i have until now: http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Beluaterranism

I think your approach might be a little off, while I applaud the creation of a new religion. But try not to create something with the intention of it dominating Beluaterra (as a prefix to your religion). Instead, I'd go for creating a religion that does not necessarily has full dominance in mind, but will try to achieve it through war. Much.more.fun.  8)
Ardet nec consumitur.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: June 11, 2011, 10:10:13 AM »
I think your approach might be a little off, while I applaud the creation of a new religion. But try not to create something with the intention of it dominating Beluaterra (as a prefix to your religion). Instead, I'd go for creating a religion that does not necessarily has full dominance in mind, but will try to achieve it through war. Much.more.fun.  8)

but it will go to war, do you think the concept is so perfect that everyone will just join? :P
no there will always be others out to destroy it and lots of em.
And if you read threw the lines, war and victory threw military conquest or a fight is what set devine events in motion and warriors belong to the highest peasant caste there is.
uniting all beluaterra is quite difficult, it's not as simple as it may look like.

Shae, my characters whos founding the faith is one of reason and logic with a great military career, those who support her are all centralists(imperialists) mostly with a military background.
It is actually founded with the intention of war.
A quite intense one to.

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: June 11, 2011, 10:49:14 AM »
but it will go to war, do you think the concept is so perfect that everyone will just join? :P
no there will always be others out to destroy it and lots of em.
And if you read threw the lines, war and victory threw military conquest or a fight is what set devine events in motion and warriors belong to the highest peasant caste there is.
uniting all beluaterra is quite difficult, it's not as simple as it may look like.

Shae, my characters whos founding the faith is one of reason and logic with a great military career, those who support her are all centralists(imperialists) mostly with a military background.
It is actually founded with the intention of war.
A quite intense one to.

I just based most of my "argument" on the title of your religion (I assume you will change it?). In any case, I would advise getting settled in a realm first. Preferably having that realm completely converted to your faith (you can do this partially by force, within the realm). Then pick a smaller realm, but do not destroy it. Instead, force it to join your faith and convert. It's what I always wanted to do...  :D
Ardet nec consumitur.