Author Topic: the conflict looming  (Read 58997 times)

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
Re: the conflict looming
« Reply #30: June 11, 2011, 11:39:58 AM »
I just based most of my "argument" on the title of your religion (I assume you will change it?). In any case, I would advise getting settled in a realm first. Preferably having that realm completely converted to your faith (you can do this partially by force, within the realm). Then pick a smaller realm, but do not destroy it. Instead, force it to join your faith and convert. It's what I always wanted to do...  :D

well then, join the club and join the fun!
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: June 11, 2011, 11:44:56 AM »
well then, join the club and join the fun!

I might... I have actually been looking for a good religion on BT. This continent is really the only continent I play on that lacks a decent religion that offers player involvement and clear goals. Most are just "hanging around", waiting for spontaneous participations... and as far as I know, none have managed to control a state yet (which is a huge requirement for a religion, in my opinion). Then again, I have been absent from Beluaterra for quite a long time, so I might have missed some history.

Where will it be founded?
Ardet nec consumitur.

Silverhawk

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: June 11, 2011, 11:59:14 AM »
I think that another name might give it more possibilities, in that respect I would agree with Fleugs. Besides that, I would welcome the competition :D
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; In practice, there is.

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #33: June 11, 2011, 12:35:12 PM »
and as far as I know, none have managed to control a state yet (which is a huge requirement for a religion, in my opinion).
Excluding the theocracy of Sint, right? :P

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: June 11, 2011, 05:16:17 PM »
Concerning that religion, i have been thinking about it for quite some time now.
This is what i have until now: http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Beluaterranism

The next big thing for me regarding religion is one that basically says "Look guys, X had this right, Y had that right, Z had that right, but none of you guys bothered to recognize the truth in the others' preachings or develop on the truths you had within our your own lore. To save Beluaterra, we must exit this narrow-mindedness". I don't intend to make it an official religion, though, but I wouldn't mind affiliating myself with you if you desire to found something close to this.

Excluding the theocracy of Sint, right? :P

For a very long time, Fronen was nothing but an extension of the Blood Cult. Also, I think the Valentic Order had a good grasp on Valentia. ;)
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: June 11, 2011, 06:09:34 PM »
The next big thing for me regarding religion is one that basically says "Look guys, X had this right, Y had that right, Z had that right, but none of you guys bothered to recognize the truth in the others' preachings or develop on the truths you had within our your own lore. To save Beluaterra, we must exit this narrow-mindedness". I don't intend to make it an official religion, though, but I wouldn't mind affiliating myself with you if you desire to found something close to this.

Well it already sounds like what I had in mind, so sure.
Be patient, I will have some character travel around Beluaterra to spread it amongst similar minded when i found it, to give every open minded realm a chance to participate in the establishment of the church.

out of character wise i could always need help writing these religious texts.
As long as it Collides with the core thought, which is that there is only one god, the others faiths either (un)-consciously worshiping this god(deceived by 'variants') or worship the gods that where all slain before the bm universe was created, in other words thus an illusion, for they don't exist(anymore).
What is also very important is that as any human, once your born your blood(caste) decides what kind of life you will have/ job you will do.
The highest three castes are first the royal caste which is only two families strong(whom are lost but will return during the great salvation), then there is the noble caste which are all noble born. The third highest caste is the warriors caste, the soldiers that serve the nobles in there units.
Once this structure is respected and fully lived after, the curse in which humanity is divided in wrong or no causes, shall be lifted and peace and the prosperity of humanity will be possible on Beluaterra.
Only then, the darkness can be defeated.
The third important basic core in the faith is the realization that this life is only a tool to get into heaven, like a game that has to be played and won by anyone who follows it's rules, each person will go to the heaven of his or her caste in blissful eternal satisfaction, but will got to eternal damnation if sinned, which is endlessly more horrible then anything you can experience on earth.
And fourth, humanity is superior above others and all life is created to directly or indirectly feed humanity(children of god).
Fifth, mixing of caste is sinful and is exactly what caused castes to exist, lower castes have more genes of the beasts that degenerated humanity in the beginning.

just add your texts on the wiki page and we'll discuss it.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: June 11, 2011, 06:51:38 PM »
Well it already sounds like what I had in mind, so sure.
Be patient, I will have some character travel around Beluaterra to spread it amongst similar minded when i found it, to give every open minded realm a chance to participate in the establishment of the church.

out of character wise i could always need help writing these religious texts.
As long as it Collides with the core thought, which is that there is only one god, the others faiths either (un)-consciously worshiping this god(deceived by 'variants') or worship the gods that where all slain before the bm universe was created, in other words thus an illusion, for they don't exist(anymore).
What is also very important is that as any human, once your born your blood(caste) decides what kind of life you will have/ job you will do.
The highest three castes are first the royal caste which is only two families strong(whom are lost but will return during the great salvation), then there is the noble caste which are all noble born. The third highest caste is the warriors caste, the soldiers that serve the nobles in there units.
Once this structure is respected and fully lived after, the curse in which humanity is divided in wrong or no causes, shall be lifted and peace and the prosperity of humanity will be possible on Beluaterra.
Only then, the darkness can be defeated.
The third important basic core in the faith is the realization that this life is only a tool to get into heaven, like a game that has to be played and won by anyone who follows it's rules, each person will go to the heaven of his or her caste in blissful eternal satisfaction, but will got to eternal damnation if sinned, which is endlessly more horrible then anything you can experience on earth.
And fourth, humanity is superior above others and all life is created to directly or indirectly feed humanity(children of god).
Fifth, mixing of caste is sinful and is exactly what caused castes to exist, lower castes have more genes of the beasts that degenerated humanity in the beginning.

just add your texts on the wiki page and we'll discuss it.

What I had in mind for myself was really a sort of trans-religious order, something akin to what you could expect if the knights Templar were about the "people of the book" (Christians, jews, and muslims) instead of just Christianity. If your project fits with what I have on the drawing board, then you'll find fertile lands to spread your faith where I operate, and likely military support. I am unlikely to help it replace other friendly religions, but will serve as an ally against the rest of the religions.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: June 12, 2011, 10:19:55 AM »
I am unlikely to help it replace other friendly religions, but will serve as an ally against the rest of the religions.

Thats the whole goal of the religion i had in mind.
Off course similar minded are approached and received with open arms, but only with the intention to convert.
Radically opposing views should be exterminated by the sword.

The rest of what your saying is exactly what fits my idea.
The faith is a doctrine on how to life your life and it will rule each and every life to the fullest extend(just like the good old days  IRL:P)

I've updated it now and written 12.000 characters, if theres anything you'd like to add or suggest, feel free, meanwhile i will move this discussion to a different tread, where getting off subject.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: June 12, 2011, 04:48:22 PM »
One thing I'd suggest would be to look through the theology of existing and past religions. When I first started thinking about this project, I noticed that  many of those I looked up had at least one aspect that was echoed by the last invasion (if not the previous). I don't remember the specifics off the top of my head, but it's things like the Cult who preached the divine power of blood (the Light used it as a weapon), the druids who talked about some tree acting as the seal against evil (the NPCs spoke about a seal keeping the dark forces out that was wearing down and then breaking), and stuff like that. A number of faiths had "predicted" little bits of lore and could have easily said, during the invasion, "Ha! Told you so! We are the real deal around here!", but none of them actually did.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: July 13, 2011, 01:31:44 AM »
I see the subtle signs of a looming war. What are your bets as to how long before it breaks out?

Heq

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: July 13, 2011, 08:04:19 PM »
As soon as we can get Ghrekh and Sint off their butts.

Stomp-stomp-stomp.  Though Enwiel letting their federated ally get jacked is just too wierd, so everyone's kinda just staying quiet for the time being.

My bets are about a month.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: July 13, 2011, 09:22:12 PM »
As soon as we can get Ghrekh and Sint off their butts.

Stomp-stomp-stomp.  Though Enwiel letting their federated ally get jacked is just too wierd, so everyone's kinda just staying quiet for the time being.

My bets are about a month.

Haha, true, it is kinda weird. But I suspect most people forget they still even exist. I don't recall the last time I heard of them. And then there's the whole mess that happened with the allegiance change and the secession, so I don't think anyone here knows who is who over there anymore.

We have had a very inactive leadership since the invasion as well.

I can tell you, though, that if Enweil was Fronen instead, we'd have marched onto Sint long ago already. Shameful that this turncoat realm be allowed to live like that. A good example of usefulness outweighing ethics.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: July 13, 2011, 10:28:32 PM »
I can tell you, though, that if Enweil was Fronen instead, we'd have marched onto Sint long ago already. Shameful that this turncoat realm be allowed to live like that. A good example of usefulness outweighing ethics.

We'd rather be friends with them. We'll see what they do.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: July 13, 2011, 10:40:35 PM »
We'd rather be friends with them. We'll see what they do.

I honestly cannot understand why *anyone* is letting Sint live, after turning on everyone twice in a row during invasions and throwing themselves at the service of whichever faction knocks on their door all the time.

Despite what Riombara personally did to us, if Sint was on Enweil's border, we'd be attacking Sint before Rio. That's not the official diplomatic position, but let me tell you I personally wouldn't allow it to be any other way, and I'd start that war one way or another.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: July 13, 2011, 11:37:11 PM »
I honestly cannot understand why *anyone* is letting Sint live, after turning on everyone twice in a row during invasions and throwing themselves at the service of whichever faction knocks on their door all the time.

Despite what Riombara personally did to us, if Sint was on Enweil's border, we'd be attacking Sint before Rio. That's not the official diplomatic position, but let me tell you I personally wouldn't allow it to be any other way, and I'd start that war one way or another.

i concur, what have i hated them in the past...
its almost the greatest mystery of BM why sint is not destroyed by either humans OR daimons.