Author Topic: Trenton  (Read 18020 times)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Trenton
« Topic Start: May 23, 2015, 08:56:35 AM »
Let's make something good out of a bad beginning. Rather than let Trenton fall back into the same situation of IVF surrounded by overly large neighbours, I thought I'd try to promote a smaller conflict of non-annihilation between Trenton and IVF vaguely akin to what Vix & Perdan are doing on EI. I sent an OOC to JeVondair already, but I am on a vacation of sorts this weekend so wont be as talkative until Monday or Tuesday for working out further details.

So far IVF has much fewer regions, but more nobles while Trenton has many more regions with fewer nobles. I don't want to hold every council position, so there's three open council positions, two duchies, and plenty of lordships for the ambitious. My particular character can be rather critical of others too, so there's opportunity for internal conflict and I am open to sharing the cultural setup JeVondair wanted for IVF, via two realms so we can have the occasional battle and looting as part of jockeying. I plan to rename the Vale duchy of Trenton the Ebony Vale as a counterpart to the Ivory Vale.

Hopefully Riombara doesn't crush us. :P Maybe they'll see smaller realms are the happening thing and some duchies will split off. ;)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 08:58:09 AM by Vita »

Chamberlain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Trenton
« Reply #1: May 24, 2015, 02:31:37 PM »
The difference being EI was growing stagnant without war while Beluaterra is in a total continental war.

You can't really compare the 2.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #2: May 24, 2015, 03:41:15 PM »
I actually welcome this. It sucks how Trenton got created, bull!@#$ really, but I'm glad a responsible player is trying to make something out of it. In fact, after Rynn died, this is exactly what I needed. And I wonder how your girl is going to respond to Selenia''s ultimatum...
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: May 25, 2015, 12:48:02 AM »
Vita doesn't play girls. He plays snoo-snoo women!
Ardet nec consumitur.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: May 26, 2015, 12:38:06 AM »
The difference being EI was growing stagnant without war while Beluaterra is in a total continental war.

You can't really compare the 2.

Yes, but a large portion of Beluaterra, even the more active participants, have to march much longer to *get* to the war. One thing I've learned with EI and DWI wars is that the enjoyment is much more intense the closer the refits are. The longer you march, the more bored most non-upper-echelon players get and emigrations and autopauses become greater. So yes, the two are comparable.

Zakilevo

« Reply #5: May 26, 2015, 01:59:10 AM »
More reasons to sink BT.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: May 26, 2015, 02:04:30 AM »
More reasons to sink BT.

Sink one of the few islands with large scale war?
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Zakilevo

« Reply #7: May 26, 2015, 02:43:16 AM »
Sink one of the few islands with large scale war?

No. Sinking one of the most crippled islands.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: May 26, 2015, 03:45:31 AM »
No. Sinking one of the most crippled islands.

Yet is actually manages to generate fun. It is only "crippled" due to the trend towards massive realms in the south. Some smaller realms down there allows for localised wars. The reality is that Islands can never be "perfect" in design, since the geo-graphical location of realms is fluid.

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: May 26, 2015, 05:39:48 AM »
It's not that they are massive. It's that ridiculous peninsula that ruins the entire continent.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: May 26, 2015, 06:39:42 AM »
It's not that they are massive. It's that ridiculous peninsula that ruins the entire continent.

Yet the continent out performs less "broken" layouts, so perhaps the issue is not really that large.

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: May 26, 2015, 07:46:57 AM »
Yes, everything north of Trenton is fine.
That peninsula is just cancer though.

Naidraug

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: May 26, 2015, 03:08:43 PM »
It would be interesting if Riombara would break into 2 more realms.

With it's 6 cities it could easily do that.

The north now is a little more active, but it would be nice to have more realms there too.
Stryfe Family: Tristan - Heorot/ Scherzer - Nothoi / Finan - Caelum / Arya - Farronite Republic

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: May 26, 2015, 06:54:05 PM »
BT is a weird beast. Despite the ridiculously low player count, most of the players there are quite content. And it always seems to generate a lot of war.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: May 27, 2015, 01:02:52 AM »
It would be interesting if Riombara would break into 2 more realms.

With it's 6 cities it could easily do that.

The north now is a little more active, but it would be nice to have more realms there too.

The problem is that the geography of Riombara means that one realm in that area will always eventually come out on top over any others and become Riombara shaped. So it's a self perpetuating problem.