Author Topic: Good luck to all  (Read 5765 times)

bofeng

• Knight
    • View Profile
Good luck to all
« Topic Start: May 27, 2015, 08:45:51 PM »

There are few things we can do to change the fact that Cathay is being marginalized in a continent that is controlled by old mindsets. And for that the King of Cathay should take personal responsibility in being unable to improve the situation. If a change to leadership could bring any hope to this realm, I would rather do that. And that leads to my decision to retire the characters of Liew’s. I could only hope a better player than me can add more favor to the stories of the realm of Cathay and of Far East, a player who is better at playing this game of word-master.

If I could play the characters again, I probably would make the same decisions. But I do regret in making one particular one, which is to appoint an uninspiring Duke into his position. That led to the departure of some talented players, which is a loss to the BM community.

There will be no rage quit, as I have become to take less and less personal feeling in playing the game. I cannot find enough energy to write an angry post on the forum, as I used to do at the time of iceberg. But I do feel disappointed in not being able to improve the situation myself.

I appreciate many players whose stories have enriched the community, and have made the experience worthwhile. On the other side, war is the place to show the ugliness of some human nature, which I have had enough. I really hate reading letters from some characters, who seem to enjoy repeating lies and contributing to the dark nature of this game. And this is not any excuse to exclude myself. My character is part of this world of lies and dishonesty, especially during the period of rebellion. If there is anything I learned from this war simulation game, this is it. Everything seems to happen naturally in any power struggle. No one should blame those lies and dishonesty. Instead those are appreciated by many as they indeed add favor to the game.

It is more so if you are on the losing side. In the past two years that I have played, OW and Cathay lost majority of their battles, yet they continue to be despised, not trusted, and marginalized. Unfortunately there is no way around it. Players of the two realms, no matter how new they are to the game, have to bear the consequences of the historical events that they are no part of. They have too few friends and too many enemies from the right beginning. The rest of the realms, in my opinion, have no actual reasons to fight against each other due to their historical ties. 

So good luck to the game that I loved for two years and to all the players. This experience will always be remembered by me. Gosh I really miss Angela and Usul. Maybe it’s just the right time that Bofeng should leave his throne to seek his soulmate. I hope Cathay and Far East would be a better place without an incapable and tired King.

Zakilevo

Re: Good luck to all
« Reply #1: May 27, 2015, 08:49:17 PM »
Far East has disappointed me on more than one occasion.

That is why I haven't touched my FEI character for over 2 years. Should just move out of that island and forget about it.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: May 28, 2015, 04:13:13 AM »
This is unfortunate.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: May 28, 2015, 05:09:23 PM »
My views of Cathay have away been shaded by the McGahee family.  OW and Coralynth I am indifferent to.  Actually Coralynth s actions recently made them my second least favorite realm.
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

bofeng

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: January 11, 2016, 06:10:52 AM »
Surprised to find contents of two of my posts were completely deleted from the forum...

I guess the moderators certainly hated to see my posts?

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: January 11, 2016, 06:43:51 AM »
I'm guessing it had more to do with your tone and the words you used rather than it being you saying the words.  Your other posts are there...
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: January 12, 2016, 12:04:41 AM »
posts seem to get randomly deleted occasionally.. one of my rp threads was completely gutted for no apparent reason

whats up bofeng, you missed a great war. we were sacking ossaet when fei went down.
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.