Author Topic: Phoenix Talk, with Jenred Kindon-Bedwyr or Matthew, as you choose  (Read 27152 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Well you asked for questions, so here goes.  If this is over-the-line in OOC discussions of IC plans, let me know and I'll delete it.  :D

How go the plans for the Arcaean Empire? Have you finished allocating all the cities on the entire island yet?

I'm actually helping with the new island realm, being in the assault on Enlod. (Best battle I've seen so far on FEI. Too bad I got wounded in the second battle. Though that did save me from having to plow through all the post-battle trash talking.  ::) ) Is the CTO actually running? I can't see region details, being wounded and all...

Then there's rumours of a secession that will happen after that. So that's three realms that will owe fealty to the Empire.

I'm curious to see if you can pull off the "rulers swearing fealty to an RP'd position" thing. Seems awfully fragile. With so much of the game being dependent on communication and interaction, I'm not sure how you're going to prevent the resentment of owing fealty to a "foreign interloper" from developing. Seems to me that with Jenred being in the new realm, the people in Arcaea will, over time, come to resent the implied subservience. All it will take is one ruler who doesn't feel like following along with it, and at least some people in the realm willing to go a long with it, and it will fall apart.

I remember when Sanguis Astroism formed on Dwilight we discussed various plans for the realms owing fealty to the leader of the church. One idea was that the church was to decide who would be the judges in the various theocracies. Over time, though, as the nobles in the realms were out of contact with each other for longer periods of time, they were less and less willing to pass along power to a foreign realm. "Who are you to tell us what we should be doing?"

It's an interesting idea, but I wonder how it will work in actual practice.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.