Author Topic: Looking for Playtesters  (Read 17396 times)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Looking for Playtesters
« Topic Start: May 31, 2015, 10:51:27 PM »
For a new and absolutely completely different game I'm working on, I need about 4 very early alpha playtesters.

Details about the game can be found at http://shopkeeper.lemuria.org/info/introduction

Right now, the whole client-side part doesn't exist and I will simulate it. We will play on the forum and/or by e-mail. I want to test the core gameplay, so many parts are unfinished, but a lot of interesting stuff exists already.

And I can promise it's cute.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Re: Looking for Playtesters
« Reply #1: May 31, 2015, 10:54:07 PM »
To wet your appetite, here is output from my current alpha prototype:

The owner of a trade post near the market place has been quietly looking for a group of foreigners who can help him with a delicate problem. As he explains, he used to own a few crates of interesting and not strictly speaking illegal goods. Grey market material. Not outright illegal, but not exactly what you would openly display in your store. Anyway, a few nights ago it was stolen. He saw the thief when he made his escape with the final crate, and can give a few details, but he needs someone to do the legwork, find the guy and get him to talk. He is mostly afraid of losing his wares, so he wants him alive, and the goods found.

The characters begin to question the locals, leaving a coin in this beggars cup and that, talking to the whores and barkeepers in the area.  At first, only a few hints appear, but here and there they get into a bar brawl or two.
Finally, they get a solid lead and follow it.

As they enter the hideout of the thief, they are suddenly surrounded by what are probably his friends, with clubs and knives in their hands. Clearly, these brutes have a dislike of the party and after a short and unfriendly argument, weapons are drawn and combat begins.
Clearly superior, the group beats the thugs bloody and forces them into retreat.
The party takes a total of 5 points of damage, in marching order.
a fighter takes 2 points of damage but his armour of 2 points prevents serious damage.
a fighter takes 2 points of damage but his armour of 2 points prevents serious damage.
a priest takes 1 points of damage but his armour of 1 points prevents serious damage.

After a long search, the party finally nears the room where the thief is hiding, and breaks the weak bolt on the door. The guy jumps up from his bed, but too late. The heroes enter the room and surround him, and begin to threaten him, so that he reveals where the stolen goods are hidden.
Afraid for his life, he tells them everything they need to know. They check the hideout and find several chests, as the merchant described them. Then they drag the thief to the merchant and collect their just reward.
And so they returned the stolen goods and collected their reward.

Now a different party going on a different quest was less lucky:

The party arrives at the Three Headed Horse tavern and is greeted by Joe and his wife. They explain that there are really big rats down in the cellar, but they cannot afford to leave it like that, it's where they store their food and barrels of ale and wine. The heroes agree to help them out for a small sum, and enter the dark and dusty basement.

Around one corner, the party meets a pack of hungry, aggressive rats. After a moment of hesitation on both sides, the rats swarm the group and attack.

Surprisingly, a few rats are more than a match for this group of "heroes", and after a short battle, they flee the basement bleeding and ashamed.
The party takes a total of 10 points of damage, in marching order.
a fighter takes 10 points of damage, minus 1 points of armour, losing 9 hitpoints.
And so they retreat, defeated by a simple basement and its furry inhabitants. A shame to all adventurers, they crawl back into the tavern and then the street, where they collapse into a puddle of water from last nights rain.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: June 01, 2015, 12:39:37 AM »
For a new and absolutely completely different game I'm working on, I need about 4 very early alpha playtesters.

Details about the game can be found at http://shopkeeper.lemuria.org/info/introduction

Right now, the whole client-side part doesn't exist and I will simulate it. We will play on the forum and/or by e-mail. I want to test the core gameplay, so many parts are unfinished, but a lot of interesting stuff exists already.

And I can promise it's cute.

Sure why not, I mean BM and M&F already consume all my free time, adding another of your games to the mix will hardly make my wife MORE upset.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #3: June 03, 2015, 07:06:39 PM »
That's a little less turn-out than I had hoped for.

Nobody interested, or nobody reading this forum?

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #4: June 03, 2015, 07:10:06 PM »
Sure why not, I mean BM and M&F already consume all my free time, adding another of your games to the mix will hardly make my wife MORE upset.

Tell me the name for your shop and I will get you started.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: June 03, 2015, 10:24:28 PM »
Nobody usually reads the Other Games forum. I'm semi-interested.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: June 04, 2015, 12:30:53 AM »
Seems interesting, but i have no time.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: June 04, 2015, 02:12:36 AM »
Tell me the name for your shop and I will get you started.

The De-Legro Family Emporium

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #8: June 04, 2015, 07:10:03 AM »
Your shop has ID #2 and is located here:

http://shopkeeper.lemuria.org/api/towns/1

You have 1000 gold to spend. Here is what you can spend it on:

http://shopkeeper.lemuria.org/api/items

Let me know what you want to buy for your initial inventory. I advise to spend only a part of your gold initially.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #9: June 04, 2015, 07:11:38 AM »
Everyone else: If you want to join, tell so together with name of shop (and if you want, some buying decisions).

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: June 04, 2015, 07:12:34 AM »
Your shop has ID #2 and is located here:

http://shopkeeper.lemuria.org/api/towns/1

You have 1000 gold to spend. Here is what you can spend it on:

http://shopkeeper.lemuria.org/api/items

Let me know what you want to buy for your initial inventory. I advise to spend only a part of your gold initially.

Damnit I already have competition :(

Zakilevo

« Reply #11: June 04, 2015, 07:37:13 AM »
Zakky's Best Gear Shop

club 5G
staff 10G
+1 staff 50G
+2 staff 150G
sword 20G
+1 sword 100G
axe 10G
+1 axe 40G
Staff of Fireball 200G
leather armor 10G
+1 leather armor 40G
scale armor 25G
chain mail 80G
Healing Potion x11 110G
Mana Potion x10 100G

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #12: June 04, 2015, 09:01:30 AM »
Your shop is #3, check the link above for its location. Your status now is:

Zakky's Best Gear Shop
======================

Gold in Chest: 160

Inventory
---------

1 club
1 staff
1 sword
1 axe
1 +1 staff
1 +2 staff
1 +1 axe
1 +1 sword
1 Staff of Fireball
1 leather armour
1 +1 leather armour
1 scale armour
1 chain mail
5 Healing Potions
5 Mana Potions

I only bought 5 each of the potions for you because they are not actually implemented yet. They will be soon, I hope. I'll also add a list of what's not working yet (shop sections, for example) soon.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: June 04, 2015, 12:01:05 PM »
Inventory emailed to you Tom.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #14: June 04, 2015, 12:50:57 PM »
Excellent. James also joined via FB, so we have one more slot free, but whether it is filled or not, I will begin to create parties and send them on quests (and thus shopping) very soon.

There are only 4 quests at the moment, so don't be surprised by duplicates.