Author Topic: Heroes of Westhaven  (Read 128505 times)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Re: Heroes of Westhaven
« Reply #405: June 30, 2015, 05:17:15 PM »
The Black Bandana Rovers have completed the quest "Finding a Thief" successfully.
The tolim have failed the quest "The Labyrinth".
Northmen have completed the quest "Deathtrap Dungeon" successfully.
Loban Above The Limbo have completed the quest "The Missing Daughter" successfully.
The nerix have completed the quest "Finding a Thief" successfully.
The ivory elephants have failed the quest "Deathtrap Dungeon".
Spirits Of Ryodan have failed the quest "The Labyrinth".
Mighty Heroes finished shopping in Zakky's Best Gear Shop and have gone questing.
Elven Rangers finished shopping in Solid Simon's World O'Stuff and have gone questing.
The Dolm have failed the quest "The Missing Daughter".
Reformed Bandits finished shopping in Rax's Rocks & Random Regalia and have gone questing.
The Filthy Frigate Pirates finished shopping in The De-Legro Family Emporium and have gone questing.
Academy Expedition Group finished shopping in The De-Legro Family Emporium and have gone questing.
Ordained Berserkers finished shopping in Zakky's Best Gear Shop and have gone questing.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #406: July 01, 2015, 08:02:24 AM »
We've hit the end of the alpha test - I have no more quests for the high-level groups:

[2015-07-01 08:01:03] app.INFO: Hero group Northmen looking for a new quest, levels 6 - 7. 0 quests available. [] []

The nerix have returned to town.
The ivory elephants have arrived in town.
Spirits Of Ryodan have returned to town.
Elven Rangers have completed the quest "Finding a Thief" successfully.
Reformed Bandits have completed the quest "Finding a Thief" successfully.
The Dolm have returned to town.
The Filthy Frigate Pirates have completed the quest "Finding a Thief" successfully.
Mighty Heroes have failed the quest "Finding a Thief".
Academy Expedition Group have completed the quest "Wolves in the Forest" successfully.
Ordained Berserkers have failed the quest "The Labyrinth".

I will start a new alpha test soon, with all the improvements that I've made recently.

Zakilevo

« Reply #407: July 01, 2015, 08:30:38 AM »
I will start a new alpha test soon, with all the improvements that I've made recently.

May I ask what improvements you are speaking of?

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #408: July 01, 2015, 09:56:08 AM »
I am ending the first alpha test here, so I can update the code and add all the cute additional things that I made that are too tricky to add into the game while it's running.

Thank you all so much for contributing. Your feedback and your actions in the game were incredibly helpful.

As a short summary, together we accomplished the following:
  • Selling a total of 490 items to adventurers
  • Making a total profit of 4471 gold

The most profitable items over all were the Ring of Protection (by far), followed by the Ring of Ogre Strength, Staff of Fireball and Mana Potions.
The least profitable items over all were the +1 and +2 leather armours and the club and knife.

The easiest quest was "Finding a Thief", 16 out of 21 attempts successful or maybe "Wolves in the Forest", 5 out of 6 successful.
The most difficult quest was "Labyrinth" with only 2 out of 20 attempts successful.
The most balanced quests are "Rats in the Basement", "Clearing the Road" and "The missing Daughter", which have exactly 50/50 success/failure rates.

The three easiest quest challenges were all in the "Finding a Thief" quest.
The most difficult challenges were one of the three Antechambers in "Labyrinth" and the magical trap in "Deathtrap Dungeon".

All of this statistical information I will use to rebalance the quests.

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...
    • View Profile
« Reply #409: July 01, 2015, 10:07:37 AM »
It's been fun. Do those of us involved in this test need to apply for the second one as well or default put in it?
WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...

Zakilevo

« Reply #410: July 01, 2015, 10:31:55 AM »
It has been an interesting experience. I'd really love to see auto turns implemented though.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #411: July 01, 2015, 02:56:56 PM »
It's been fun. Do those of us involved in this test need to apply for the second one as well or default put in it?

Apply, please, because I want to know if you want to continue or not.

It has been an interesting experience. I'd really love to see auto turns implemented though.

Automatic turns will be implemented for the second alpha.