Author Topic: First Impressions and Other Feedback  (Read 41585 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: First Impressions and Other Feedback
« Reply #15: June 09, 2015, 12:18:42 AM »
Thanks a lot. I like this feedback, and some things are surprising to me, especially that you want background stories and more personality for the characters, which I feel are already much too detailed compared to the shop itself, which should be the main focus.

As for the client - my ambition with this game is to focus on the backend and let people write clients. There could be a 3D client, and a completely separate smartphone client, and a web-client, whatever.

The idea of having characters have their own gold and shopping trips is interesting, goes completely away from my own concept, but I will give it some thought.

I control the background for my own shop, there is no surprise there, no new story nothing to learn. Giving characters background breathes life into the world. I want characters to matter to the shop, I want your best customers to be more then a gold bag whom you mourn when they are dead only because that means no more gold from them. In my opinion for the game to work, you need to really feel that your shop is part of something bigger, otherwise it is just a run of the mill management game which you end up playing by the numbers, much like the economic tycoon style web games, virtonomics and the like.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.