Author Topic: First Impressions and Other Feedback  (Read 41578 times)

Zakilevo

Re: First Impressions and Other Feedback
« Reply #45: June 24, 2015, 08:35:06 PM »
Eh... I don't think that is how shops work. If they are visiting my shop, they should at least know what they are looking for.

Sure they may not want to pay much for things they want to buy but we should definitely know what they are looking for.

I think you are trying too hard to keep everything in the dark.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #46: June 25, 2015, 12:03:07 AM »
I didn't mean you will be totally in the dark. But you will not know the NUMBERS.

They will come and say "hi, we are looking for some weapons and maybe something that makes us more strong", instead of "damage (5) and strength (2)".

Zakilevo

« Reply #47: June 25, 2015, 12:18:43 AM »
That is good enough. I think what you need to do is for parties that don't visit your shop you should be able to pay maybe someone from a nearby tavern to fetch you rumors to find more about things not send out a cut purse.

Or maybe once in awhile you find a party that is willing to talk more because they are in a desperate need of a specific item after failing the same quest a couple times in a row.

Or people who have been doing well, they may not talk too much. Maybe you can pleasantly surprise them.

Zakilevo

« Reply #48: June 25, 2015, 12:32:58 AM »
Here is an idea to use loyalty and reputation.

Once you start hiding these stats and gold, I think it would only be fitting to allow us to know how much gold each party is willing to spend in your shop.

Let's say Northmen with 1000 gold visits Penchant's shop. Penchant's shop has -40 loyalty with them so Northmen tells Penchant the party is willing to spend 100 gold out of their 1000. Of course they will not tell him their max gold. They roughly tell him what they desire to buy then moves to De-Legro's shop where they tell De-Legro they are willing to spend 800 gold because De-Legro has over 100 loyalty. Also, they are willing to spend another 100 gold for De-Legro's good reputation.

Also, I think there should be a cap for loyalty. Maybe 200. Each time you benefit more than the default base*1.2, loyalty falls. Make the fall bigger if you are close to 200 but less as you reach 0.

Zakilevo

« Reply #49: June 25, 2015, 12:35:19 AM »
Another idea,

You can send one of your store clerks to find out what quest each party is going. You will have to pay more if you wish to find out desires of those parties and it gets more expensive as you discover more desires. Maybe up to 3 desires, you pay x but if you want to find out more desires of that group you have to pay more.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #50: June 25, 2015, 12:40:55 AM »
Here is an idea to use loyalty and reputation.

Once you start hiding these stats and gold, I think it would only be fitting to allow us to know how much gold each party is willing to spend in your shop.

Let's say Northmen with 1000 gold visits Penchant's shop. Penchant's shop has -40 loyalty with them so Northmen tells Penchant the party is willing to spend 100 gold out of their 1000. Of course they will not tell him their max gold. They roughly tell him what they desire to buy then moves to De-Legro's shop where they tell De-Legro they are willing to spend 800 gold because De-Legro has over 100 loyalty. Also, they are willing to spend another 100 gold for De-Legro's good reputation.

Also, I think there should be a cap for loyalty. Maybe 200. Each time you benefit more than the default base*1.2, loyalty falls. Make the fall bigger if you are close to 200 but less as you reach 0.

Yeah not a fan of this. When I go shopping I'm generally not going to tell the salesman how much I have to spend, you should have general knowledge of how much they like you and what they generally need. Price accordingly.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Crayne

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #51: June 25, 2015, 08:57:34 AM »
I didn't mean you will be totally in the dark. But you will not know the NUMBERS.

They will come and say "hi, we are looking for some weapons and maybe something that makes us more strong", instead of "damage (5) and strength (2)".

That'll be so much better. Especially if there's a large diversity in the terms they might use to describe their needs.

Zakilevo

« Reply #52: June 25, 2015, 07:33:59 PM »
I don't know why parties that have less than 50 gold are coming to my shop. Seriously. Parties without gold should just go on another quest. They can't buy anything anyway :/

Zakilevo

« Reply #53: June 26, 2015, 09:58:07 AM »
Can you add something like a party status?

Like right next to the current quest section?

So we know if they are returning or going on a quest?

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #54: June 26, 2015, 02:21:06 PM »
That's easy: If they have a quest, they are going to it. If they don't have a quest, they are returning.

Zakilevo

« Reply #55: June 26, 2015, 06:39:34 PM »
That's easy: If they have a quest, they are going to it. If they don't have a quest, they are returning.

Oh. That is actually easy indeed. Didn't notice that.

Zakilevo

« Reply #56: June 29, 2015, 09:06:07 AM »
Trophies are too underwhelming. I think they should add + number per turn not just + number to the daily total.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #57: June 29, 2015, 12:32:13 PM »
Yeah, it's unbalanced and on the wrong scale. It will be rebalanced.

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...
    • View Profile
« Reply #58: July 17, 2015, 10:09:54 AM »
Wondering if a "shop closed" option might be worthwhile, which would be a pause for when you go away (complete pause, so deliveries don't get closer whilst paused, and you don't get maintenance costs - also means parties only go to active shops).
Only thought of this as I'm going to be away for a few days and probably won't be able to get online (hopefully will get occasional chances, but uncertain).
WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #59: July 17, 2015, 03:17:20 PM »
That is a really wonderful idea, yes.