Author Topic: First Impressions and Other Feedback  (Read 41845 times)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Re: First Impressions and Other Feedback
« Reply #30: June 12, 2015, 12:02:00 PM »
I have plans... evil plans... that will provide an end-game to Shopkeeper that goes far beyond running a shop. Just trust me on this. :-)

Zakilevo

« Reply #31: June 15, 2015, 04:14:37 AM »
I really enjoyed taking all the gold from Might Heroes with just a leather armor. Their desire for an armor was so high, I only needed to sell a leather armor to take all their remaining gold. I really like drying up parties when they need items the most hehe.

If you still having trouble with gold, just wait until one of those parties that failed a quest show up. Then just take all their gold with cheap items. Who cares if they get wiped out anyway.

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: June 15, 2015, 03:30:05 PM »
Trying to sell a 42 to 62 for 0 gold (yes, feeling generous to these losers...) gives a 500 Internal Server Error page...
WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...

Zakilevo

« Reply #33: June 16, 2015, 10:39:39 AM »
Do shop sign, display windows, etc work? If they do work, how do they affect the reputation? Or is reputation not the main indicator of how often parties are willing to visit your shop?

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #34: June 16, 2015, 11:33:48 AM »
Do shop sign, display windows, etc work? If they do work, how do they affect the reputation? Or is reputation not the main indicator of how often parties are willing to visit your shop?

Yes, they work.
No, they don't affect reputation.

They directly affect how often parties will visit your shop. There's a "shop marketing" value that I calculate internally, based on customer loyalty and such advertisement.

Reputation will figure into this as well, as soon as it's finished.

Zakilevo

« Reply #35: June 16, 2015, 10:38:55 PM »
Can you add stats indicating damage and armor for each character?

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #36: June 16, 2015, 11:14:33 PM »
It's visible on the character pages, e.g. http://shopkeeper.lemuria.org/api/characters/18

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: June 17, 2015, 12:02:40 AM »
Okay, selling just got good. Parties now appear to update their needs each time you sell them an item. No more selling 20 mana potions at 30 gold each to groups desperate for magic. Now you have a real choice do you attempt to drain them of all gold, knowing profit margins will be low, or do you sell a few items at high markup and let them move on.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #38: June 17, 2015, 06:45:25 AM »
Yes, I'm improving all these things all the time. :-)

Zakilevo

« Reply #39: June 21, 2015, 03:39:59 AM »
I wish it would tell me how much they are willing to pay to get their items replaced.

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: June 21, 2015, 08:57:37 AM »
I wish it would tell me how much they are willing to pay to get their items replaced.

Or not allow you to try to sell the same thing to the same character more than a couple of times, so you have to gague it right or you lose the chance of a sale.
WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #41: June 21, 2015, 10:23:34 AM »
I plan to add better feedback, on failed sales due to price it should at least tell you if it was much too expensive or just a little, and yes loyalty should drop increasingly much if you try the same sale over and over.

Zakilevo

« Reply #42: June 24, 2015, 08:40:45 AM »
I think we need something to do while parties don't visit our shops.

Crayne

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: June 24, 2015, 11:07:24 AM »
I'm kind of missing the more "risky" elements of a good game. I'm aware one can speculate on how much parties are willing to pay for stuff by looking at their needs, but there's a lot that's set in stone. Maybe there's room for things like bribing the couriers to get your goods faster (might work, might not, depending on your reputation, the amount of gold you offer, the items you're ordering etc.), haggling with your supplier for a discount etc.?

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #44: June 24, 2015, 08:31:21 PM »
I absolutely agree that there's a lot of game still missing.

I want to strengthen the interactive part with parties, giving you several options to "spy" on them - all that information about their needs and loyalties will be hidden from you in the final game, but with options to find it out - at the risk of upsetting them. Think about the option of having an assistant in your shop, and because he's a former cutpurse, he can figure out to a fairly good degree how much money they actually have. But if they spot him checking out their purses, they will not like it, loyalty will drop and maybe they will even exit your shop immediately.