Author Topic: First Impressions and Other Feedback  (Read 41877 times)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: First Impressions and Other Feedback
« Reply #60: July 18, 2015, 05:44:29 AM »
Some notes on how much different groups are visiting shops early on/so far.

Tilog - 2 groups have visited town
-
Edge - 2 unique groups visited shop
Accoutrements - 1
Geminus - 0
No one has formed any reputation with any parties.

Sansibar - 8 groups have visited town
-
Can't Believe - 1 unique group visited shop
Emporium - 2 (both sitting for 3 days/turns too)
Rax - 5 unique groups with one group visiting twice
Sansibar Best - 1 unique group with two visits (started in Sansibar Best, visited Best Shop, returned to Sansibar Best)
Best Shop - 2

Emporium and Best Shop have formed reputation with 2 parties, Sansibar Best with 1 party, and Rax and Can't Believe with no parties.

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...
    • View Profile
« Reply #61: July 18, 2015, 06:19:38 AM »
*Various snips...*

Rax - 5 unique groups with one group visiting twice

Emporium and Best Shop have formed reputation with 2 parties, Sansibar Best with 1 party, and Rax and Can't Believe with no parties.

Nice stats. Why do the customers flood to me when my stock is yet to arrive? (4 day delivery time... Due to arrive tomorrow I think)

Maybe they just wanted a clearer view of all the rocks, treating it as a museum trip, before the pressure to buy turns up...
WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #62: July 18, 2015, 09:21:57 AM »
The early game phase sucks, to be frank. I want to speed things up and I'm not 100% sure how.

Maybe I should just have a "shop closed" stage, where everything arrives instantly, until you open the shop for the first time?

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #63: July 18, 2015, 09:33:01 AM »
My personal thoughts would be...(as the person testing out the shop that got 1 visit the first day/turn and none since, in the larger town)

More parties for each town. And I thought the parties would move between towns more? Not so? Must've misunderstood or made a quiet mental assumption somewhere.

I'd also wonder if overcrowding in stores might make a larger concern in the startup phase, so that parties try to seek out a shop all to themselves at the beginning would be good. Also, reputation mattering less at the beginning so that parties don't instantly return to same shop after quest, but try to find a new shop (hopefully all to themselves) in town to try out. As the game goes on, reputation begins to matter more and more and they return to those places that treat them well. But I think its important early on for parties to circulate between shops more fluidly.

And yeah, I wouldn't mind turns 2-3 turns a 24 hour period for this alpha startup phase.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #64: July 19, 2015, 02:11:55 AM »
Parties do move between shops, but not constantly (they prefer the town near their quest).

I am adding more parties, so there should be plenty soon.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #65: July 19, 2015, 05:52:54 AM »
Selling 10-gold item for 12 was too expensive? Or 25-gold for 30? Need better reputation first?

Anyway, torches and oil lamps give 500 Internal Server Error when I try to sell them.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #66: July 19, 2015, 05:48:11 PM »
Can you reproduce that 500 error and post me the server time so I can check the logs?

Usually, a 20% markup should work, but if they have negative loyalty, for example, it will not.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #67: July 19, 2015, 05:59:28 PM »
I just tried it now and it worked.

But shouldn't a turn have run in the last hour or two?

Some minor visual elements to the web interface (and yeah, i know you're mostly focused on actual game components and then the 3d client).

If you order 2 of an item for delivery and then order some more of same item in delivery, the 'Ordered' column in the shop doesn't list 4 of tht item, but "2 2". Could properly add them together, or if not, at least add a comma between?

Also a direct link to one's own shop from the Alpha Playtest/Game links would reduce clicks.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 06:06:41 PM by Vita »

Zakilevo

« Reply #68: July 20, 2015, 08:14:38 AM »
Haven't seen a customer in awhile....

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #69: July 20, 2015, 03:57:30 PM »

I've got a party that just won't leave! They have 75 gold but I have nothing to sell them (at that price) and they have been hanging around for a few turns now...

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #70: July 20, 2015, 05:45:33 PM »

You have three at once right now. You've had two parties you've sold to before this.

I've had two total. Only one when I could actually sell anything to.

So maybe be a little patient when you don't get a customer for a day or two?

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #71: July 21, 2015, 06:40:00 AM »
I have had some similar misfortune on not getting customers. As well, when looking at Provision Division and Tamilfist Knights I tried looking at their quest log. Looking at either gives me a 500 Internal Server error. Other parties I am able to look at their quests.

Occurred at I believe server time 6:36.

And then I went and looked at the other thread where Tom states he already knew about this and fixed it on future logs. Unfortunately I will never know what they failed at doing to make them so angry with me.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 06:43:18 AM by Penchant »
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #72: July 21, 2015, 07:29:16 AM »
I've added 4 more parties. We now have 24 parties for 8 shops, so statistically speaking, there should be an average of 1 party in every shop at all times (because 8 shopping, 8 on quests, 8 inbetween).

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #73: July 26, 2015, 04:15:48 PM »
Looking at the town boards, appears there is an issue with at least a couple of the quests in that they are listed as "title" rather than an actual quest name - the two I can see are "Am Old Manor House" and "First Test"

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #74: July 26, 2015, 07:49:29 PM »
Yes, these are the new quests I added, maybe a caching issue, because they have titles.