Author Topic: Dev Log  (Read 31898 times)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Dev Log
« Topic Start: June 06, 2015, 08:05:59 AM »
Here I post important news and changes. I won't post every small improvement (too many), but the ones that you need to know.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Re: Dev Log
« Reply #1: June 06, 2015, 08:07:04 AM »
Shops can now have descriptions and I've decided to show the shop details to everyone for now. Later I will hide the gold, sold and profit fields and make it visible only to the player.

Shop descriptions can be about 200 characters max. Post your shop description and I'll update it.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #2: June 06, 2015, 08:40:03 AM »
Potions are now working.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #3: June 06, 2015, 09:04:59 AM »
Characters now make buying and price decisions by themselves.
The formula is:

willing_to_pay = item_value  * ( 1.2 + need/5 ) )

In short: You can safely mark up your items by about 20%. For every point of need, the character is willing to pay 20% of the item value additionally.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #4: June 06, 2015, 10:19:53 PM »
Shop sections are now active: http://shopkeeper.lemuria.org/api/sections

There are two kinds of sections. Interior sections you need to sell equipment. Without weapon racks, you can't sell weapons. You will all keep whatever you have right now and you can sell it, but to buy more inventory for a section, you first need to buy that section.

Outside sections have advertisement effects. They raise customer loyalty for all parties, so you can counter bad loyalty, improve neutral or good loyalty - in short: More advertisement = more customers.

A couple of additional items have been added: http://shopkeeper.lemuria.org/api/items

A lot of additional information is now displayed.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 10:30:18 PM by Tom »

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #5: June 07, 2015, 10:44:41 AM »
Quests have been rebalanced

Character resting after quest (instead of blank "reset all attributes") implemented.

info on how quests work: http://shopkeeper.lemuria.org/info/quests
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 11:05:26 AM by Tom »

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #6: June 08, 2015, 06:32:20 PM »
Delivery times have been added. If you order something, you will pay immediately, and it will arrive in 3 days time. Later on, the delivery time will depend on the item and other things, but right now it's just 3 days. Of course, during playtesting I will run "days" more often.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #7: June 08, 2015, 08:19:59 PM »
You can't see it anywhere (no icons, etc.) but most tables are now sortable by clicking on the headers.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #8: June 09, 2015, 12:50:20 PM »
willing-to-pay prices now depend on customer loyalty as well - loyal customers are ready to pay a little more, disappointed customers expect a discount to be convinved to buy. The effect is not very big, on the order of a few percent.

Crayne

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: June 09, 2015, 02:25:46 PM »
If I can ask, what are you coding game's core engine in, Tom?

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: June 09, 2015, 03:45:18 PM »
Is there a basic framework for the quests? If so, could you provide a 'fill in the blanks' bit and let others create the quests for you to incorporate (I know quest creation is intended for the final game, but this may help get more variety more quickly for the early level basic quests).
WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #11: June 09, 2015, 05:52:37 PM »
The backend is coded in Symfony (PHP Framework). For the 3D client I will be using Unity 3D.

@James: I've thought about it before. I just don't know yet how to expose it nicely. A web-based wizard would be cool, a "Quest Builder", and it's not horribly complicated, just a little.
The difficulty is that I have a few tricks that I would need to explain and document nicely, especially how to build branching quests or alternate endings.

Crayne

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: June 09, 2015, 10:15:33 PM »
The backend is coded in Symfony (PHP Framework). For the 3D client I will be using Unity 3D.

Using CLI or do you handle everything through the browser? I've been developing my homage to Mystic Arena,  Fight or Die (working title) without a framework and using the browser, but let me tell you, waiting for a Battle Royale with 64 entrants to finish takes an awfully long time. :p

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #13: June 09, 2015, 11:47:17 PM »
I'm using the CLI right now.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #14: June 09, 2015, 11:49:20 PM »
Another higher-level quest added (for level 3-6). Very dangerous this one, I'd like to test character death. :-)