Author Topic: Suggestions for Items, Quests, etc.  (Read 32049 times)

Zakilevo

Re: Suggestions for Items, Quests, etc.
« Reply #30: June 15, 2015, 07:52:56 AM »
Something I'm thinking about after playing Darkest Dungeon:

Instead of everything being about gold, why not add something else. Maybe precious stones. They would be needed for magic, for example, and to buy magical items for your shop, you need not just gold but also certain stones. Stones in turn you can buy from parties who find them in dungeons.

Uh... No. It is hard enough to sell magical items due to their high prices. Why add another huddle?

Maybe they can get rare materials that they can sell to you which you can use to buy 'rare' items? Maybe rare items can only be bought that way instead of using gold? I think any non-rare items should use gold.

As for Darkest Dungeon, it is a decent game but it has too much RNG involved. You pretty much rely purely on luck. If you unluckily get hit with critical strikes multiple times like me, your party is done. My entire party got wiped out because a pig boss hit all my party with crit three turns in a row which was a total bull!@#$.

Edit: If you are interested in a game with good narratives, you should give Age of Decadence a shot. It is just as brutal as DD. The game took 10 years to be made and it is a very well thought out game. It is still unfinished but it is pretty much 90% done.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 07:56:26 AM by Lapallanch »