Author Topic: Suggestions for Items, Quests, etc.  (Read 31703 times)

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions for Items, Quests, etc.
« Reply #30: June 10, 2015, 11:30:54 AM »
So does the death of people in groups affect loyalty? The Reformed Bandits used to have a negative number, and I think they've only done a couple of quests since (including the one where people died) and they are now much higher.

What levels can loyalty go to? Are we just at a very minor influence at the moment?
WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #31: June 10, 2015, 01:14:27 PM »
Death doesn't affect loyalty. For levels, there is no theoretical limit, but I would be surprised to see values in the three digits (either way, negative or positive).

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: June 11, 2015, 06:27:49 PM »
Also, I want to add gossip as a feature. Temporary raising your shop marketing value - or reducing someone elses. There needs to be more interaction between the shops. Maybe even a little sabotage and theft.
One thing related to that I would like to see is being able to trade between shops. Maybe it turns out I bought too much leather armor so I sell it at a discount to another shop. Conversely perhaps a shop is in need of swords so I sell them one. Or perhaps I just need a little more gold to buy another section to my shop so I sell some goods to another shop.

As well, it would be very appreciated if the page that lists shop section pages got merged with page to buy shop sections.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Zakilevo

« Reply #33: June 11, 2015, 10:03:18 PM »
I think we need to differentiate scrolls and potions more. Potions are way too good compare to scrolls since scrolls can be used only by wizards while potions can be used by everyone. They are both covering same stats as well. Actually potions cover even more.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: June 12, 2015, 12:03:24 AM »
Items in general need differentiation. My potions are the same as everyone else's, my wholesale price is the same. If the only differentiating factor becomes the demand side, then the game is rather limited. We need to be able to work on our supply side, finding the best wholesale deals, finding suppliers for rare items, finding suppliers that provide higher quality items etc.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Zakilevo

« Reply #35: June 12, 2015, 12:28:28 AM »
Also, armors are starting to become pretty much the same on everyone. I think we need more variety as well.

Maybe Plate Mails as well? Or stat increasing weapon and armor? But that might make the whole calculation more complicated.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #36: June 12, 2015, 12:31:24 AM »
That is planned, especially for the higher quality and rare items. I absolutely intend to include rare items. I've just not gotten to that stage in the development yet.

Zakilevo

« Reply #37: June 12, 2015, 06:56:56 AM »
Custom Item

Maybe somewhere down the road, we can have a way to create custom items? Or rare items?

ex) You have armor dolls, library, alchemy corner:

You want to create a rare armor for your party

You select one of three armor types - leather, chain, scale [leather] 10 gold +1 armor
You select 1st stat your armor to have - 1 [healing potion] 10 gold +1 hit point
You select 2nd stat your armor to have - 1 [scroll of power] 30 gold +1 strength
Creation cost - 2 enhancement on a cheap armor: 10 (cost of first enhancement) +20 (cost of second enhancement)
Total cost: 10+10+30+10+20 = 80 gold

And when you sell it to a party that wants
armor (2)
strength (1)

Basic Value = 80*1.2(2/5+1/5) = 144 gold

Something like that

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #38: June 12, 2015, 07:48:45 AM »
Items do and always will have exactly one attribute they boost.

I know this limits everything quite a bit, but that limitation is intentional.

The possibilities with charged items are not yet fully explored. It would allow limited-use items, for example. Flimsy shields that break after 10 hits and such. Speaking of shields, I really should add them.

Zakilevo

« Reply #39: June 12, 2015, 11:51:47 PM »
Can you make it so that when you go to buy inventory section, you only see items you can actually buy? Not all items?

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #40: June 13, 2015, 12:03:31 AM »
Can you make it so that when you go to buy inventory section, you only see items you can actually buy? Not all items?

The whole web client is not meant to be used to actually play the game, that's why it's so rough. I want to continue work on the real client instead.

Zakilevo

« Reply #41: June 14, 2015, 02:07:51 AM »
So when will automatic turn change be implemented?

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #42: June 15, 2015, 12:08:31 AM »
When I have managed to implement the town log. Otherwise I lose track of what's going on.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #43: June 15, 2015, 07:38:47 AM »
Something I'm thinking about after playing Darkest Dungeon:

Instead of everything being about gold, why not add something else. Maybe precious stones. They would be needed for magic, for example, and to buy magical items for your shop, you need not just gold but also certain stones. Stones in turn you can buy from parties who find them in dungeons.

Zakilevo

« Reply #44: June 15, 2015, 07:52:56 AM »
Something I'm thinking about after playing Darkest Dungeon:

Instead of everything being about gold, why not add something else. Maybe precious stones. They would be needed for magic, for example, and to buy magical items for your shop, you need not just gold but also certain stones. Stones in turn you can buy from parties who find them in dungeons.

Uh... No. It is hard enough to sell magical items due to their high prices. Why add another huddle?

Maybe they can get rare materials that they can sell to you which you can use to buy 'rare' items? Maybe rare items can only be bought that way instead of using gold? I think any non-rare items should use gold.

As for Darkest Dungeon, it is a decent game but it has too much RNG involved. You pretty much rely purely on luck. If you unluckily get hit with critical strikes multiple times like me, your party is done. My entire party got wiped out because a pig boss hit all my party with crit three turns in a row which was a total bull!@#$.

Edit: If you are interested in a game with good narratives, you should give Age of Decadence a shot. It is just as brutal as DD. The game took 10 years to be made and it is a very well thought out game. It is still unfinished but it is pretty much 90% done.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 07:56:26 AM by Lapallanch »