Author Topic: [Feature Request] Managing ranks in guild/religion  (Read 1774 times)

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Hi all.

I was recently doing some re-work on a religion I'm in, more specifically managing the ranks.

I thought you used to be able to choose the rank number, that is linked to the rank you are creating. I did not see this option. This will create the following struggle:

- Full member ranks 20-25 are used. Aspirant ranks 100-103 are used. Apparently, ranks 100 and 101 should have been full member ranks, so I want to move them to full member ranks. Not possible, you should delete 2 ranks and re-create them.

- If two ranks are in the reverse order, the same struggle appears.

- Also, if you want to create your religion/guild with somewhat flexibility, you would create ranks with numbers: 10, 20, 30, 40,.. So you can still add ranks in between if necessary. Currently, making a new rank always creates the rank with the lowest rank number possible. In my example above, creating a new full member rank would result in it to have rank number 26...

- The struggle also contains people having debts, not being able to promote/demote them temporarily etc etc.

Proposal: When creating or editing ranks, give the possibility to modify Rank_Id, so we can move around ranks much more easily without having to delete/add them. Might just need a little bit more checks here and there.

If I have overlooked some clear disadvantages, please do tell. That's why I post the feature request here. (I'm not the founder, so possibility I
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
When we made the change away from rank numbers, it was to remove the necessity of all that bookkeeping.

You should already be able to create a rank between any two ranks, regardless of what the numbers of those ranks are behind the scenes.

If it's not possible to convert a rank of one type to a rank of another type, when it's on the border, then that should definitely be made possible.

In general, we don't want the players to have to deal with the numbers at all aside from keeping track of how many ranks of each type are allowed.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Well, when editing a rank, all you can edit is
- New monthly grant/fee
- New joining fee
- New maximum debt

Adding here where his new 'position' would be (like it's now done when creating a new rank), would work too.. (before/after existing rank).
But this isn't possible right now..
Not for moving a rank of type 1 to type 2, or moving around a rank within his own type..
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)