Author Topic: 3D Client Early Preview  (Read 7020 times)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
3D Client Early Preview
« Topic Start: June 21, 2015, 09:22:13 PM »
For Windows: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9638874/Shopkeeper-alpha1-win.zip
For Mac OS X: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9638874/Shopkeeper-alpha1-mac.zip

Update: New Downloads are:
for Mac OS X: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9638874/Shopkeeper-alpha2-Mac.zip
for Windows: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9638874/Shopkeeper-alpha2-Win.zip

Both downloads are about 25 MB.

This is a very, very early prototype. You can walk around in the shop, and as you do so you will notice when you enter various areas, information dialogs show up, or you can purchase shop sections and watch them appear.

The main purpose of this is to give you a taste of what the 3D version will look and feel like. Again, this is extremely early, pretty much nothing works, etc.

But anyway, let me know how it feels to walk around in your own shop...
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 08:21:21 PM by Tom »

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...
    • View Profile
Re: 3D Client Early Preview
« Reply #1: June 21, 2015, 09:37:41 PM »
Oooh, pretty :)

Not actually linked to anything yet though is it? Might take me a while to work out how to navigate properly.

Will certainly add more to the character of things. Will you be keeping a standard text based option to do things as well, or will it all eventually transition into the 3D version?
WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #2: June 21, 2015, 11:25:18 PM »
I think I will keep the web client around for mobile play, but the main focus is on the 3D client.

Zakilevo

« Reply #3: June 22, 2015, 01:14:33 AM »
Not bad looking but I doubt I will actually play on 3D client. I get motion sick easily so I usually avoid first person view 3D games.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #4: June 22, 2015, 08:18:07 AM »
Ok, my new aim is to make it so you won't get motion sickness.

It's not an action game, so you should not get sick if I tune it correctly. What does it need to do? Move more slowly? Camera pan more slowly? No fast up/down?

Zakilevo

« Reply #5: June 22, 2015, 08:31:15 AM »
No fast up and down. If you can make it so I'd prefer only being able to move the camera horizontally. At least add an option to do so which you can press a button to toggle on and off.

Fast moving camera is the main issue I have. Or if you can, 3rd person view helps a lot as well.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #6: June 22, 2015, 04:21:31 PM »
3rd person view I can't offer because I don't have a nice model for the shopkeeper himself. But if I manage to get a little funding so I can buy one, I will definitely add 3rd person.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #7: June 22, 2015, 08:03:26 PM »
I will make a couple things that probably bother you configurable in the game settings. One of them is vertical movement, the other is head bob - this thing that makes walking around feel like walking instead of gliding by moving the camera up and down as you move. If you disable that and turn vertical sensitivity to zero, I'm sure it will help a lot. From there we can work on other details.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #8: June 28, 2015, 08:22:38 PM »
I have updated the 3D client to alpha 2. See first post for updated download links.

This version requires that you have a valid shop key. And shop section buying works! Just I only have 4 of them in the shop right now, but if you want to buy, say, the library and you don't have it yet, you can now do it in glorious 3D. Yeay!