Author Topic: Age of Citizens - Browser strategy game  (Read 7538 times)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Re: Age of Citizens - Browser strategy game
« Topic Start: August 12, 2015, 03:27:10 PM »
I've registered and played one round.

Unfortunately, it seems to be a FarmVille clone with politics. Timers until you can repeat an action, gold for in-game advantages you can buy with real currency (yeah, a maximum of 100 bucks a month, that's not a real limit).

For me, when a game tells me "you can click this button again in 12 hours" I dislike it. This is a design weakness. I can work in my job and as a freelancer at the same time, no problem, but both of them have a timer?

Sorry, that is from this !@#$ed-up monetarization-browser-gaming school that I really dislike a lot. A proper game designer would have approached these questions thinking about CONTENT, not clickbait. He would have given you 24 hours that you can spend on work, freelance, sleep, training, etc. and that's it. Sleep 8 hours to regain your full energy. Sleep less if you need to really finish something right now. Decide if you want to earn more money by working more, or train yourself so you can earn more money in the future. Give people decisions to make. Right now I don't see many decisions to be made.

The idea of "build your country" is cute. The implementation is Zynga.