Author Topic: Age of Citizens - Browser strategy game  (Read 7440 times)

thomasdgr

• Peasant
    • View Profile
Age of Citizens - Browser strategy game
« Topic Start: June 23, 2015, 07:52:26 PM »
I would like to introduce to you the last game I developed.

AgeOfCitizens is a massive online multiplayer strategy game. You can register as a citizen of your country and help it grow economically, politically and extend its borders.

Game is clearly a browser game, no add-on needed to play.

Main Features:
- Construct your companies and produce goods necessary for you and your co-citizens.
- Fight against other citizens on the battlefield. Be careful, they are real citizens defending themselves!
- Become a politician and choose your country's future in cooperation with the other political members.
- Make friends and all together help your country conquer the AgeOfCitizens world!

I would appreciate if you could share your feedback, in this thread or in game forum.

You can join the game at: Age Of Citizens

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Age of Citizens - Browser strategy game
« Reply #1: June 24, 2015, 12:40:59 AM »
Your email validation doesn't like the fact that my email address contains a '-'. @machine-logic.net is I can promise you quite a valid and working email domain.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

thomasdgr

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: June 24, 2015, 12:58:13 AM »
Thank you, email validation will be changed as soon as possible to allow such email addresses. If you don't want to wait, please use the contact form to send your registration details and I will personally create your account.

thomasdgr

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: June 24, 2015, 12:05:02 PM »
Just checked the system and email validation is correct, it always allowed emails like @machine-logic.net. Maybe your issue is different, what's the error message you get when you try to register?

Geminus

• Freeman
  • Geminus Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: June 25, 2015, 11:42:01 AM »
Interesting game, reminds me of eRepublik.

Anyway, I like the fact that my country has no citizens yet, so there's a pretty high chance of me being the first to get 10 Gold coins so that I can start my own Party and become the Prime Minister (or its game equivalent) of my country. I won't tell my country name but if you somehow find out, please don't challenge me for the the Government position :P

Geminus

• Freeman
  • Geminus Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: June 25, 2015, 11:56:01 AM »
Oh yes, and I have some questions about the game:

1) Is freelance working counted in the "Work Twice" daily reward?

2) Why am I not getting my salary for working? My salary is 2.80 btw. Do you get the salary on a timed basis or every time you work?

and much more, just haven't thought about it yet.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: June 25, 2015, 12:48:17 PM »
Oh yes, and I have some questions about the game:

1) Is freelance working counted in the "Work Twice" daily reward?

2) Why am I not getting my salary for working? My salary is 2.80 btw. Do you get the salary on a timed basis or every time you work?

and much more, just haven't thought about it yet.

There is a forum for the game itself which might be a better place to ask questions.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

thomasdgr

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: June 25, 2015, 01:12:54 PM »
@Geminus

1) No, it doesn't count.
2) Salaries are given instantly. Did you actually work or just grab a position from the available jobs?

P.S. As De-Legro pointed out, there is a support forum in the game, if you have more questions please ask them there in order to get a faster response, either from me or the other active players.

Geminus

• Freeman
  • Geminus Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: June 26, 2015, 11:34:05 AM »
Okay sure. Just that the forums seems like a rather quiet and inactive place xD

As for question 2, I grabbed the position then did that job as well as freelance work. No money earned. But today I worked and I got the money, so forget about that for now. I got some more questions, I posted them in the forums ;)

Andre

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: August 10, 2015, 02:31:13 PM »
If you decide to start playing the game consider joining Sweden, we are going to be in atleast a few wars in the near future, and there is a big chance to immediatly get free gold for an achivement to get into the government., because its only me and an inactive person.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #10: August 12, 2015, 03:27:10 PM »
I've registered and played one round.

Unfortunately, it seems to be a FarmVille clone with politics. Timers until you can repeat an action, gold for in-game advantages you can buy with real currency (yeah, a maximum of 100 bucks a month, that's not a real limit).

For me, when a game tells me "you can click this button again in 12 hours" I dislike it. This is a design weakness. I can work in my job and as a freelancer at the same time, no problem, but both of them have a timer?

Sorry, that is from this !@#$ed-up monetarization-browser-gaming school that I really dislike a lot. A proper game designer would have approached these questions thinking about CONTENT, not clickbait. He would have given you 24 hours that you can spend on work, freelance, sleep, training, etc. and that's it. Sleep 8 hours to regain your full energy. Sleep less if you need to really finish something right now. Decide if you want to earn more money by working more, or train yourself so you can earn more money in the future. Give people decisions to make. Right now I don't see many decisions to be made.

The idea of "build your country" is cute. The implementation is Zynga.

thomasdgr

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: August 13, 2015, 01:21:47 AM »
Hello Tom,

You are welcome to post your suggestions in game forums. If you spend some time to read the forums you will see that we take player suggestions seriously. There is already a big number of changes/additions since the launch of the game according to the feedback we receive. If your suggestion will make the game better be sure that it will be implemented.

thomasdgr

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: October 01, 2015, 11:37:31 AM »
Four months since game launch have passed and there are many improvements and many more to come. I am dropping this message as today is an ideal date to join the game. Elections take place and the country governments will be created for the rest of the month.