Author Topic: Failed election  (Read 2801 times)

Jaden

• Noble Lord
  • Jameel, Jabari, Jadyn, Jerold
    • View Profile
Failed election
« Topic Start: June 19, 2015, 09:22:28 AM »
Unstable Government Causes Unrest   (3 hours, 5 minutes ago)
The recent failed election has the people confused and uncertain about the future.

Riombara have been getting this message for the past two weeks. Our general and our judge did not contest their monthly elections and  neither did anyone else, the election failed but they were kept in office as they were still incumbents. I think this has been causing across the board drop in realm control. I just want to be certain if its a bug before i report it to the bugtracker.
PM me for the Dota 2 guild.
"Darka would like to thank CE and co for their generous offerings, the Holy Volcano will be filled up for days with all these offerings!"-Jaret Jaron's last words

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Failed election
« Reply #1: June 19, 2015, 12:52:53 PM »
Nope, that's not a bug.

If an office is set as elected, and nobody runs for it, that's considered a problem. After all, if the current office holder isn't confirmed by a plurality of the voters, how do you know he still has the support of the people?

If you want the realm to be happy, either actually participate in the elections, or set the positions to appointed.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Jaden

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: June 20, 2015, 08:12:22 PM »
but there isn't an election to run in. The elections failed and the incumbents were  not kicked out, so we dont have a repeat election.

Referendum Results   (14 days, 14 hours ago)
The referendum "Vote for the General" has ended. Here is the final tally:

0 abstentions
    64 votes were not cast.

There were no valid choices for this referendum, so there was obviously no winner.

With the failure of the election, the people are visibly upset and wonder what will happen to their realm.

As a reminder, the full text of the referendum was:
This is the monthly election for the position of General (High Constable).

All nobles of the realm will vote, each vote having the same weight.
"Darka would like to thank CE and co for their generous offerings, the Holy Volcano will be filled up for days with all these offerings!"-Jaret Jaron's last words

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: June 20, 2015, 08:13:50 PM »
but there isn't an election to run in. The elections failed and the incumbents were  not kicked out, so we dont have a repeat election.

Right—sorry, I wasn't quite clear.

There's nothing you can do about it now. You've already upset the peasants, now you just have to wait for them to settle down again.

You have to make sure that when there is an election, someone runs in it and wins.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Jaden

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: June 20, 2015, 08:33:19 PM »
I see, thanks for your reply.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: June 22, 2015, 06:07:11 AM »
To add to Delvin's words...

Remember that we had the server downtime. Turns didn't run, so though its two weeks out, its like its only a week of actual complaints. I expect they should have stopped as of now?

You did say you only had that message all two weeks? Well, that is a bug, because it should've been initially a different message and then changed as time passed on.

And to reinforce what Anaris said, the main issue is having failed the election itself and the peasants get upset, complaining a bit less every day. The complaints are based on the number and recentness of the failed elections.

Jaden

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: June 22, 2015, 07:48:21 AM »
Oh yeah forgot about the downtime. The complaints stopped today, all in all 9 days of complaints. But yeah we received the same message everytime.

Unstable Government Causes Unrest   (15 days, 1 hour ago)
The recent failed election has the people confused and uncertain about the future.

Unstable Government Causes Unrest   (14 days, 1 hour ago)

Unstable Government Causes Unrest   (13 days, 1 hour ago)

Unstable Government Causes Unrest   (12 days, 1 hour ago)

Unstable Government Causes Unrest   (8 days, 1 hour ago)

Unstable Government Causes Unrest   (4 days, 1 hour ago)

Unstable Government Causes Unrest   (3 days, 1 hour ago)

Unstable Government Causes Unrest   (2 days, 1 hour ago)

Unstable Government Causes Unrest   (1 day, 1 hour ago)