Author Topic: Cordatus Bestiarium  (Read 10069 times)

Igelfeld

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Cordatus Bestiarium
« Topic Start: June 08, 2011, 03:09:37 AM »
I know there is discussion going on in Dwilight university about the new religion in Asylon, but as I am not currently part of DU i don't know what they are saying. Here is the religion page so far: http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Cordatus_Bestiarium consider it a rough draft to be built on by followers of the religion.
Moritz Von Igelfeld - King of Asylon
Moria Von Igelfeld - Viscountess of Lanston
Ulrich Von Igelfeld - Knight of Remton, Dark Isle Colonist

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Cordatus Bestiarium
« Reply #1: June 08, 2011, 04:19:09 AM »
I know there is discussion going on in Dwilight university about the new religion in Asylon, but as I am not currently part of DU i don't know what they are saying. Here is the religion page so far: http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Cordatus_Bestiarium consider it a rough draft to be built on by followers of the religion.

More of a "Heh, some border people took a liking to daimons" than anything. You could perhaps turn it into more than that if you joined up and promoted or talked about it, but not that much discussion going on in the university over that. Daimons are a subject most people are better off ignoring.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #2: June 08, 2011, 05:46:50 PM »
I'm sensing some subjectivity regarding daimons coming from Chenier here.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: June 11, 2011, 06:35:45 AM »
It's simply not the best PR move, as it alienates a great deal of people (for various different reasons). Even those who haven't dealt with the Zuma have heard of the BT daimons.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: June 11, 2011, 07:46:42 AM »
It's simply not the best PR move, as it alienates a great deal of people (for various different reasons). Even those who haven't dealt with the Zuma have heard of the BT daimons.

I didn't realise that everyone designs their religion in order to maximise the potential recruits. Here I was thinking that some people just make something they think is cool.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: June 11, 2011, 05:17:57 PM »
I didn't realise that everyone designs their religion in order to maximise the potential recruits. Here I was thinking that some people just make something they think is cool.

You realize you are saying that to the person that centered a religion around, you know, human sacrifices?

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: June 11, 2011, 05:20:40 PM »
You realize you are saying that to the person that centered a religion around, you know, human sacrifices?

Which are popular to the sacrificers, I hear. ;)
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: June 11, 2011, 06:52:04 PM »
Which are popular to the sacrificers, I hear. ;)

True enough.  8)

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: August 08, 2011, 05:54:49 AM »
Finally hearing about this IC, should be fun times.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: August 08, 2011, 02:35:56 PM »
It's funny, Fleugs and I have been hashing something out like this on IRC and in-game on BT for a week now.  The idea is that it's the worship of very old gods; ones that thrive where humans don't.  That means rogue regions in-game, so the organizing principle is basically "burn most, but not all, of it down!".  Theologically, the deity being worshipped is a feminine, darker nature/mother goddess.  Her children are the elements, which Fleugs and I have taken to mean elemental daimons.  Since the daimons love people treats, ritual means sacrifices to the mother by "feeding" her children.  That's being burned alive for fire, drowned for water, buried alive for earth, and—this one belongs to Fleugs—being launched off of cliffs with trebuchets for air.

I'm pretty sure we're moving forward with it in Rio.  Fleugs has already done some RP.  If anyone is interested, come find us. ;D

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: August 08, 2011, 02:38:23 PM »
It's funny, Fleugs and I have been hashing something out like this on IRC and in-game on BT for a week now.  The idea is that it's the worship of very old gods; ones that thrive where humans don't.  That means rogue regions in-game, so the organizing principle is basically "burn most, but not all, of it down!".  Theologically, the deity being worshipped is a feminine, darker nature/mother goddess.  Her children are the elements, which Fleugs and I have taken to mean elemental daimons.  Since the daimons love people treats, ritual means sacrifices to the mother by "feeding" her children.  That's being burned alive for fire, drowned for water, buried alive for earth, and—this one belongs to Fleugs—being launched off of cliffs with trebuchets for air.

I'm pretty sure we're moving forward with it in Rio.  Fleugs has already done some RP.  If anyone is interested, come find us. ;D

Gonna do one more now. Alive burial hasn't been done yet. And also, no trebucheting. I was thinking of hurling burning victims to the walls of an Enweilian city? I already threw a whore off a cliff. *Splash*
Ardet nec consumitur.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: August 08, 2011, 02:52:10 PM »
Mithridates will crush your puny bones if you found a daimon worshipping religion in Riombara. You know that, right? :P

Fun rps and all, but daimonworship... nuh-uh.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: August 08, 2011, 05:42:13 PM »
Wait, wait. Didn't Riombara spend the last umpteen years condemning Enweil and the Blood Cult for pretty much the same things...? Sounds like your new religion (which is certainly interesting, thank you Fleugs for the RPs) pretty much hits on all the same themes (human sacrifice and a certain unfortunate resemblance to daimon worship) that made people hate the Blood Cult. I am looking forward to the day that your beliefs and practices become public knowledge in Riombara. Should be good to see whether Riombara is as hypocritical as I've always secretly suspected it is...

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: August 08, 2011, 11:18:46 PM »

YES IN RIO PLEASE.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: August 09, 2011, 01:57:42 AM »
Wait, wait. Didn't Riombara spend the last umpteen years condemning Enweil and the Blood Cult for pretty much the same things...? Sounds like your new religion (which is certainly interesting, thank you Fleugs for the RPs) pretty much hits on all the same themes (human sacrifice and a certain unfortunate resemblance to daimon worship) that made people hate the Blood Cult. I am looking forward to the day that your beliefs and practices become public knowledge in Riombara. Should be good to see whether Riombara is as hypocritical as I've always secretly suspected it is...

Riombara's hypocrisy knows no bounds.

We know this all too well already.