Author Topic: Cordatus Bestiarium  (Read 10068 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Cordatus Bestiarium
« Reply #15: August 09, 2011, 03:44:20 AM »
Riombara's hypocrisy knows no bounds.

We know this all too well already.

Did the PLAYERS who are trying to get this started engage in the blood cult bashing? Otherwise statements about a general "Riombara" outlook are just stupid. This thread alone has already stated that others in the realm will oppose the formation of such a religion. Now if the same characters that opposed the Blood Cult all signed up for the new religion, that would be hypocrisy.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: August 09, 2011, 03:47:58 AM »
Did the PLAYERS who are trying to get this started engage in the blood cult bashing? Otherwise statements about a general "Riombara" outlook are just stupid. This thread alone has already stated that others in the realm will oppose the formation of such a religion. Now if the same characters that opposed the Blood Cult all signed up for the new religion, that would be hypocrisy.

If not explicitly, then tacitly. They also had all the chances in the world to join the Blood Cult.

But most importantly, this would just be one more thing on a very long list of things Riombara has already done and said.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: August 09, 2011, 03:53:10 AM »
If not explicitly, then tacitly. They also had all the chances in the world to join the Blood Cult.

But most importantly, this would just be one more thing on a very long list of things Riombara has already done and said.

A group of players doing something in Riombara is not the same as Riombara in general doing something. Now if the entire council is joining I would credit it, otherwise its just an example of internal politics and differences, you know the stuff we are supposed to push for instead of rampant nationalistic viewpoints.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: August 09, 2011, 04:23:48 AM »
Ok guys, take the Rio stuff to the Bel board...  :P

btw, I play in Rio.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: August 09, 2011, 04:37:01 AM »
A group of players doing something in Riombara is not the same as Riombara in general doing something. Now if the entire council is joining I would credit it, otherwise its just an example of internal politics and differences, you know the stuff we are supposed to push for instead of rampant nationalistic viewpoints.

The hypocrisy would be the government then turning a blind eye on it, 'cause they have imperialistic goals to reach.

8)
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: August 09, 2011, 05:04:53 AM »
Why can't a realm be hypocritical, anyway? I'm not accusing any individual player of being a hypocrite, especially not the players looking at starting the religion. I'm saying that Riombara as an entity, as defined by its historical relations with other realms and its internal political culture for the part of its history I have been aware of, can and probably should be judged to be hypocritical if it tolerates a religion like this within its borders. It matters not who's actually in the government at the time, it would be a complete 180 from everything Riombara has claimed to stand for in the past.

That's why it will be so interesting to see what happens...  8)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: August 09, 2011, 06:33:16 AM »
Why can't a realm be hypocritical, anyway? I'm not accusing any individual player of being a hypocrite, especially not the players looking at starting the religion. I'm saying that Riombara as an entity, as defined by its historical relations with other realms and its internal political culture for the part of its history I have been aware of, can and probably should be judged to be hypocritical if it tolerates a religion like this within its borders. It matters not who's actually in the government at the time, it would be a complete 180 from everything Riombara has claimed to stand for in the past.

That's why it will be so interesting to see what happens...  8)

Which is sort of my point. The religion doesn't exist yet, thus the governments response is not know, thus any accusations of hypocrisy based on this religion is a bit premature, even for Chénier

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: August 09, 2011, 04:55:59 PM »
Which is sort of my point. The religion doesn't exist yet, thus the governments response is not know, thus any accusations of hypocrisy based on this religion is a bit premature, even for Chénier

Well I don't disagree with that. I'm simply reflecting on the possibilities. I think Chenier on the other hand was stating it on principle. He already thinks Riombara is hypocritical for lots and lots of other reasons, irregardless of what might happen with this fascinating new religion...

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: August 09, 2011, 05:02:50 PM »
I think Chenier on the other hand was stating it on principle. He already thinks Riombara is hypocritical for lots and lots of other reasons, irregardless of what might happen with this fascinating new religion...

It would be hypocritical for Chénier to change his mind at this point, wouldn't it?
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: August 11, 2011, 12:39:12 AM »
It would be hypocritical for Chénier to change his mind at this point, wouldn't it?

Most certainly.  8)