Author Topic: Hero and Cavalier Class  (Read 10793 times)

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Hero and Cavalier Class
« Reply #15: June 28, 2015, 02:27:51 AM »
Trust me. Hero fame points aren't as easy to get as you think. I got to 20 fame in about a year without knowing much about the fame system. I had to ask around and to find out how to exactly get those points but I did get them at the end. You just need to put a bit of effort. If you just want everything to be spoon fed you, then you are playing a wrong game.

There you go again, assuming I or others are asking for things to be spoon-fed to us. This isn't my first account, and I've been around since before you had your current account. Besides which, the main point of my argument had more to do with new players having a hard time getting into the interesting parts of the game like government positions. This is especially relevant in realms that are unable to get into any wars (looking at you, CE), meaning the government positions are stuck in a constant rotation of the same people running over and over again.

Zakilevo

« Reply #16: June 28, 2015, 02:56:15 AM »
There you go again as well GundamMerc.

Why on earth are you hijacking this thread to say the same old complaints you bring up on every other threads.

If you have nothing better to add, please leave this thread rather than talking about things that have nothing to do with the topic.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: June 28, 2015, 03:46:11 AM »
Fame points do affect various things, off the top of my head being starting character h/p, starting with advanced unit types like cavalry etc. Even enough that you could be insta-lorded or instantly eligible for government positions, I think.

The hero subclass requires the same amount of prestige as government member eligibility.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: June 28, 2015, 04:04:02 AM »
There you go again as well GundamMerc.

Why on earth are you hijacking this thread to say the same old complaints you bring up on every other threads.

If you have nothing better to add, please leave this thread rather than talking about things that have nothing to do with the topic.

But my points are about the Hero class and the effect of its ability to gain prestige and fame for their characters. So I'm perfectly on topic.

Zakilevo

« Reply #19: June 28, 2015, 04:52:36 AM »
But my points are about the Hero class and the effect of its ability to gain prestige and fame for their characters. So I'm perfectly on topic.

Then stay on that part of the topic not try to argue over your good old 'old players killing the game' theory.

Zakilevo

« Reply #20: June 28, 2015, 04:54:23 AM »
As for hero death, it took me 3 years to get a hero killed. It is pretty unlikely to lose a character when you are following orders well and move with everyone together.

I am sure more fame can be added or that 20 fame limit thing for x1 character can be changed.

Eirikr

« Reply #21: July 13, 2015, 05:37:50 AM »
Maybe Heroes could semi-randomly show up in battle reports with their actions? Doesn't really need any mechanics behind it, just provide a small chance for any hero in the battle to be mentioned by name for personal actions, rather than just his unit. You could boost the chance slightly for sieges or something.

This doesn't require more mechanics but would add some flavor. Just seeing the name of your hero character mentioned at the moment of an important breach/charge/defense (and knowing the realms involved see it too) could be enough :) look at how Sandalak has been compiling reports on which unit has inflicted wounds on/captured/killed enemies, people like the spotlight.

I really hope we didn't skip over this idea. I think it's pretty cool. I mean, don't Heroes contribute a small (perhaps tiny) bonus to their unit's CS?

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: July 13, 2015, 07:46:55 AM »
I really hope we didn't skip over this idea. I think it's pretty cool. I mean, don't Heroes contribute a small (perhaps tiny) bonus to their unit's CS?

Not really, but in a way? Hero units get a morale bonus, which helps you fight longer. And morale affects CS, so it does affect CS upward, its just not a direct increase to CS itself. I also just doubled this bonus in the last update.

VHSF

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: July 14, 2015, 07:01:43 PM »
I was wondering... maybe a death of a hero could give temporal bonus to the armies, giving to the opposing army an advantage, or even stoping the battle that round for the funerals (something like Achiles gave to Hektor on Troy).

Andre

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: July 16, 2015, 01:40:53 AM »
Not really, but in a way? Hero units get a morale bonus, which helps you fight longer. And morale affects CS, so it does affect CS upward, its just not a direct increase to CS itself. I also just doubled this bonus in the last update.

I thought heroes also fought on the frontlines themselves and in doing so gave a small CS bonus (like 8-12) as a soldier in the unit, or something like that?
Aswell as the morale bonus.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: July 16, 2015, 02:04:28 AM »

I thought heroes also fought on the frontlines themselves and in doing so gave a small CS bonus (like 8-12) as a soldier in the unit, or something like that?
Aswell as the morale bonus.

No, that was speculation.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Eirikr

« Reply #26: July 16, 2015, 05:53:36 AM »
No, that was speculation.

Speculation accounted for by that morale boost.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the boost worked its way through to be more than 8-12 CS. Though, would that morale boost apply to a unit already at 100% morale?

... This is getting pretty off-topic, innit?

Zakilevo

« Reply #27: July 16, 2015, 06:31:08 AM »
Hero is still underwhelm compare to cavalier though. Maybe since they are fighting in the front, they should gain skills more often? Like if they are leading infantry or MI, they gain swordfighting more often while archer can gain leadership more often, etc?

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: July 16, 2015, 06:57:25 AM »
Speculation accounted for by that morale boost.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the boost worked its way through to be more than 8-12 CS. Though, would that morale boost apply to a unit already at 100% morale?

... This is getting pretty off-topic, innit?

It's capped at 100%.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: July 19, 2015, 02:40:13 AM »
So let them boost other units as well. Units fighting near a hero would not waver and break as fast. Flipside, if a hero dies in view of other units, they get shaken.