Author Topic: Managing Duchies  (Read 3600 times)

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Managing Duchies
« Topic Start: July 05, 2015, 04:36:58 PM »
So I've got two Duchies in the realm where I'm a ruler and both are without Dukes.
"Govern the Duchies" page doesn't look right.
It only shows one Duchy and there are no options to actually appoint Dukes and I do not really understand how renaming Duchies is supposed to work. What am I missing?

Please help.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Managing Duchies
« Reply #1: July 05, 2015, 06:22:15 PM »
I'm also confused about who can be named Duke. In a secession where my character was both margrave and duke, it lost these positions after becoming ruler. Is this intended?
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: July 05, 2015, 07:20:06 PM »
It only shows one Duchy and there are no options to actually appoint Dukes and I do not really understand how renaming Duchies is supposed to work. What am I missing?

Please help.

This should now be fixed. Please try it again.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: July 05, 2015, 07:20:25 PM »
I'm also confused about who can be named Duke. In a secession where my character was both margrave and duke, it lost these positions after becoming ruler. Is this intended?

This is not intended, but is a completely separate issue.

When did this secession happen?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: July 05, 2015, 07:28:20 PM »
This should now be fixed. Please try it again.
Works now. Confirmed.

Exprienced the exact same thing. Secession happened around a week ago.
Also another Duke switched to my realm and also lost title in the process. It happened like yesterday.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 07:31:32 PM by Constantine »

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: July 06, 2015, 03:51:42 PM »

The secession of Rhîntaurardh on EC, last friday.

After secession my character was ruler, Margravine and had an estate, but lost the title of Duke. At turn change the autofix script kicked her out of the lordship and estate and now she's only ruler. She does not seem to be available to be named Duke.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: July 06, 2015, 03:58:55 PM »
Update: I have managed to select a New Duke this morning.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: July 06, 2015, 04:03:23 PM »
OK, there may still be some glitches in the allegiance fix sections of the cleanup script. I'll try and take a look at that today or tomorrow.

Not much I can do about your case, since you've named a new Duke. Do let me know if you notice any other similar issues.
Timothy Collett

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: July 06, 2015, 04:30:55 PM »
OK, there may still be some glitches in the allegiance fix sections of the cleanup script. I'll try and take a look at that today or tomorrow.

Not much I can do about your case, since you've named a new Duke. Do let me know if you notice any other similar issues.

Thanks! There are no more issues to fix for this specific case I think.