Author Topic: <FEEDBACK> Citizen Militia is too POWERFUL!  (Read 8649 times)

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
<FEEDBACK> Citizen Militia is too POWERFUL!
« Topic Start: July 06, 2015, 08:03:23 AM »
As per topic on Citizen Militia, People's Militia, let us all feedback here.

Speaking from my own playing experience in Sandalak, at War Islands, below are my feedback and sharing. Where two realms combined Ikalak and Sandalak armies attacking Taselak capital city and we can witness first hand how Citizen Militia effects.

Personally I think they are too overwhelming powerful. There have been a few battles against Citizen Militia in Taselak city(with wall) and Umkinnu(without wall). We attackers can completely defeated Citizen Militia at Umkinnu but not Taselak city. There have been many factors already against the attackers attacking a city: Walled city, Duke of City can place militia. And now this Citizen Militia.

--SPOILER AHEAD--

In Umkinnu(without wall), Citizen Militia is standing there for us attackers to shoot at. We have our Melee unit to cover our Range unit, so it is understandable that they do not move forward to engage us the attackers.

In Taselak city(with wall), Citizen Militia only moved forward after our melee units retreated or destroyed.

--SPOILER END--

Can we nerfed this Citizen Militia one unit into several units? I understand that their relative strength is comparable with the best Infantry Recruitment Center in capital city. What I do not understand is how the attackers managed to defeat the defenders mobile force, and still the attackers nobles got captured, killed, wounded by Citizen Militia alone. We can witness ourselves how Citizen Militia can do all these actions(capture, kill, wound) more often than the defenders mobile force do. Which is starting to sound insane to me. It is insane that our Siege Engines buildings are already producing very slowly and yet we need break more men and SEs against a walled city. Or make Citizen Militia facing starvation and consuming food too, I do not know if they consume food at all.

Please no 1 single Superman unit to defend whole city. Especially not in medieval times.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
Re: <FEEDBACK> Citizen Militia is too POWERFUL!
« Reply #1: July 06, 2015, 08:38:05 AM »
I agree on that.
I think it was created to stop looting being so "easy".
Not sure how that peasant militia came to Taselak, but best thing to do is to do what ever you can to avoid peasant militia forming on regions with lot of pessies.

I would suggest to find other solution to looting problem.
~Violence is always an option!~

Zakilevo

« Reply #2: July 06, 2015, 03:24:03 PM »
I agree on that.
I think it was created to stop looting being so "easy".
Not sure how that peasant militia came to Taselak, but best thing to do is to do what ever you can to avoid peasant militia forming on regions with lot of pessies.

I would suggest to find other solution to looting problem.

If you have less than 5 regions, the ruler can summon them now.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: July 06, 2015, 11:54:52 PM »
Citizen Militia has already had several modifications after Taselak raised it. I believe it is has already been designed to generate multiple units now, and had a few other tweaks,
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: July 07, 2015, 07:02:45 AM »
Thank you for the replies. Sound like we going have a new looking Citizen Militia raised soon.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: July 07, 2015, 07:36:41 AM »
I should note the changes to citizen militia are not yet live.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: July 08, 2015, 03:12:01 AM »
I should note the changes to citizen militia are not yet live.
Thank you for your reply. In that case, we have to ask our characters to keep banging the city wall then. Without wall, the Citizen Militia hopefully remain standing still as our shooting target. It is sooner or later anyway :D

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: July 08, 2015, 03:16:39 AM »
Thank you for your reply. In that case, we have to ask our characters to keep banging the city wall then. Without wall, the Citizen Militia hopefully remain standing still as our shooting target. It is sooner or later anyway :D

The militia is down to what, 2K from its height of 8k. It is beaten.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: July 08, 2015, 04:21:10 AM »
Taking half of Sandalak with it.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Zakilevo

« Reply #9: July 08, 2015, 04:24:09 AM »
What an expensive test on SI :/

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Taking half of Sandalak with it.

Natural selection :)

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Do take in mind that Taselak's net income from taxes since raising the militia has been a whopping zero coins. We're basically dead in the water since we can barely recruit.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Do take in mind that Taselak's net income from taxes since raising the militia has been a whopping zero coins. We're basically dead in the water since we can barely recruit.

Welcome to why it is a option of last resort.

Andre

• Knight
    • View Profile
Hasnt the citizen militia killed like 6 or 7 Sandalak nobles already? Maybe 8 even? I dont remember, i wouldnt say they are OP really though, but they definetly have caused too much damage to the noble population :P

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Hasnt the citizen militia killed like 6 or 7 Sandalak nobles already? Maybe 8 even? I dont remember, i wouldnt say they are OP really though, but they definetly have caused too much damage to the noble population :P

Yes, like I said, fixes are being worked on and tested.