Author Topic: Returning Player  (Read 8625 times)

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
Returning Player
« Topic Start: July 09, 2015, 04:02:37 AM »
Hello BM Forum,

I'm a long time player (started playing in 2007, I think?) and have been away from the game for about a year and a half now. I thought about Battlemaster today and came lurking around the game. Why don't the political maps on the wiki work anymore? I was trying to check the status of the islands. Anyways, just wanted to see if it was worth coming back or if, as much of the recent forum chatter seems to suggest, the game is far to past its prime.

EDIT: Also, if I do return, I was looking for suggestions of where to play.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 04:21:43 AM by Perth »
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Returning Player
« Reply #1: July 09, 2015, 04:08:19 AM »
Would largely depend on why you stopped playing in the first place. The return of the War Island is fun for many, and many islands are making attempts at shaking up the status quo.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: July 09, 2015, 04:11:35 AM »
Eh, in retrospect I think it was a combination of getting busy IRL, but also burn out after being deeply involved in both the Atamaran War and the chaos of the dissolution of Terran in SW Dwilight and after those things played themselves out I needed a break.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Zakilevo

« Reply #3: July 09, 2015, 04:28:38 AM »
Oh it is Perth. Good to see you again.

The player base has definitely shrunk quite a bit. But there are more realms on EC and Dwilight now. Atamara is pretty much the same. As for FEI I can't say much.

Some things are broken at the moment due to a major server issue that hit the game a couple weeks ago. 95% of the game is back up but the last 5% isn't - as you can tell wiki is a part of that 5%.

I still enjoy the game although quite burned out. You missed South Island which was one of my best BM experience :)

Anyway, good to see you again and if you plan to play again, I recommend EC.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: July 09, 2015, 05:27:44 AM »
EC is definitely perking back up. The potential break up of Sirion really opens up a lot of possibilities. (They've already had two secessions.) And several realms are now putting themselves on the line to support/encourage the formation of more/smaller realms. Could be lots of fun, with a couple wars already in progress.

There is some war on AT, but I'm not convinced it will ever go anywhere. They're screwed up federated diplomacy bull!@#$, and everyone still too scared to take a stand. Caergoth and Suville are so far the only ones with the balls to try and do something. (Even if the Caergothians did wuss out and bring Tara with them. ;) ) Tara and Strombran are still *federated* to each other, while trying to figure out ways to attack each other ... ::)

War Island is fun. Lots of battles, and plenty of time to still get in on the action.

BT is ... well ... BT. If you've like it in the past, you'll probably still like it. Otherwise, probably not.

And welcome back, even if it's just for a quick forum browsing.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: July 09, 2015, 05:42:25 AM »
EC is definitely perking back up. The potential break up of Sirion really opens up a lot of possibilities. (They've already had two secessions.) And several realms are now putting themselves on the line to support/encourage the formation of more/smaller realms. Could be lots of fun, with a couple wars already in progress.

Tried EC couple of times over the years and found it difficult to get into, but this sounds encouraging.

There is some war on AT, but I'm not convinced it will ever go anywhere. They're screwed up federated diplomacy bull!@#$, and everyone still too scared to take a stand. Caergoth and Suville are so far the only ones with the balls to try and do something. (Even if the Caergothians did wuss out and bring Tara with them. ;) ) Tara and Strombran are still *federated* to each other, while trying to figure out ways to attack each other ... ::)

*sigh* After the cluster!@#$ for me that was (trying to) running the Northern Alliance I don't want to touch Atamara with a ten foot pole. Some things never change.

How's Dwilight these days? Most fun I ever had in BM was on Dwilight.

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: July 09, 2015, 05:57:01 AM »
How's Dwilight these days? Most fun I ever had in BM was on Dwilight.
The Southern League (D'Hara, Fissoa, Morek and Astrum) war against Luria has resulted in a number of changes in eastern Dwilight. In the north, Morek Empire has split into a bunch of different realms while Astrum has decided to try reclaiming the Libidizedd isle from monsters. In the south, Luria Nova and Fissoa have signed peace with Fissoa splitting into two realms (new Fissoa and Madina).

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: July 09, 2015, 06:07:24 AM »
Dwilight: I don't know what the situation was like when you left so I will give a somewhat full explanation.

All the western realms are dead as a monster invasion (not like BT) took over the western half of Dwilight to up density. Madina has recently been reborn sort of. There was a war of all of Dwilight except Swordfell and Luria vs Luria. Its been a but of stalemate but they made heavy advances against Fissoa which resulted in them surrendering. Fissoa city was forced to secede becoming Fissoa while the old Fissoa has been converted to Madina.

Astrum, D'hara, and Morek are still at war with Luria still. Morek has had 3 secessions and is now a fraction of the size. Astrum has been attempting to reclaim some of the rogue lands, including its southern island it held in the past.

Corsanctum died when the monster invasion happened as Asylon invaded and Astrum took over both realms.

As well, SA has crumbled. I think when I left it only had 40 members. It is being replaced by Ecclesial Sanguisastroism, a spinoff that believed SA was being corrupted. Enshrines Malus and Pierre I believe as prophets as well as interprets past texts a bit different with an emphasis on balance such that both peace and war have their own time and does not discourage war among faithful like SA did.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: July 09, 2015, 06:47:03 AM »
(Even if the Caergothians did wuss out and bring Tara with them. ;) )
I'm insulted!
The only reason we brought Tara with us was because Suville deployed Stormbran troops. We can't fight two realm on our own.
And bearing in mind how Suville tried their best to avoid the war and we effectively had to cut all the diplomatic bs and declare the war I'd say Caergoth is the only realm with balls on AT.

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: July 09, 2015, 07:52:12 AM »
Oh, Perth is back...

Dont remember did you left before or after Darkan collapsion? Anyway, there is still some sort of action going, but north is still a mess :)
~Violence is always an option!~

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: July 09, 2015, 01:08:20 PM »
Welcome back!

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: July 09, 2015, 06:12:55 PM »

Just to continue on how bad it's getting in AT, I've been running on a platform of war and unilateral dismantling of the federation and have been getting major support in the Ruler elections.

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: July 10, 2015, 06:32:45 AM »
Oh, Perth is back...

Dont remember did you left before or after Darkan collapsion? Anyway, there is still some sort of action going, but north is still a mess :)

Definitely before the Darkan collapse.

Dwilight sounds fun and very different... how's the SMA these days?

Also, looks like I'll probably jump into DWI and/or EC is I join back up....

Anyone know how to get my old family account back?  ;D

Zakilevo

« Reply #13: July 10, 2015, 06:45:03 AM »
You can never get your old account back. I know it is sad but it has always been like that.

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: July 10, 2015, 08:54:16 AM »
Alright. I'm officially back.

I started a character on Dwilight in Arnor and a character in Perleone on East Continent.

Here's to finding that old spark.