Author Topic: Custom Banner  (Read 4476 times)

Zakilevo

Custom Banner
« Topic Start: May 14, 2015, 03:17:43 AM »
Anyone good at making a custom realm banner?

I tried to find someone to make one for Vix Tiramora but I haven't found anyone interested in it. :'(

Eirikr

Re: Custom Banner
« Reply #1: May 14, 2015, 07:28:27 AM »
Oh! Hey! I do that!

I've been pretty busy with real life, but I could give it a shot. I'm responsible for those in my sig; the Grand Duchy of the Dragon most recently.

Zakilevo

« Reply #2: May 14, 2015, 07:35:57 AM »
Oh! Hey! I do that!

I've been pretty busy with real life, but I could give it a shot. I'm responsible for those in my sig; the Grand Duchy of the Dragon most recently.

Oh nice!

Can you make a banner with a fox, castle and mountains? :D

Eirikr

« Reply #3: May 16, 2015, 01:58:20 AM »
Oh nice!

Can you make a banner with a fox, castle and mountains? :D

Yep! What colors are you interested in? What kind of shape? (My sig has mostly kite-ish shields, but you see there's also the round.) Go ahead an PM me - I've been very bad with checking the forums. I'll get an email about the PM though.

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: July 01, 2015, 06:33:19 PM »
Found myself in the same predicament.
Need a banner but am not handy with graphic editors at all.
Can someone give me a hand?

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: July 05, 2015, 07:15:17 PM »
If a banner's name is on the list but the banner's image shows as a broken link, does it mean it was not approved yet or did something go wrong?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 07:35:08 PM by Constantine »

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: July 06, 2015, 05:10:31 PM »
Constantine, I had some thoughts on the issue:

* Reflecting what has happened, we could somehow cut the Fissoan crest in half, and one side will be Fissoan, the other Madinian. The missing half will then be filled in with only a neutral colour  clearly showing a meaningful part is missing

* alternatively, maybe Fissoa should continue using the existing crest, and we'll come up with something new. I have some plans in the works, and a new banner would probably be needed anyway.

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: July 06, 2015, 06:41:30 PM »
Yeah, but I just want to know why the banner I uploaded seems broken.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: July 06, 2015, 09:00:08 PM »
If you're referring to the banner that's been uploaded and rejected twice for Fissoa, it's being rejected because it doesn't follow the banner guidelines. Specifically, it has a white background on both the banner and icon, rather than a transparent background.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: July 06, 2015, 09:02:10 PM »
Got it. Will try to fix.

Eirikr

« Reply #10: July 13, 2015, 05:29:13 AM »
If you need help or a new banner, I can help you out as well. Again, disclaimer of being volunteer work so no guarantee on timeframe.

Eirikr

« Reply #11: July 15, 2015, 06:03:09 AM »
I felt like showcasing some of the banners' larger formats, typically only seen in Realm Details:

Vix Tiramora
Grand Duchy of the Dragon
Lyonesse (RIP)
Silnaria (RIP)
Heorot (RIP)

I actually just updated Heorot since it was looking a little ragged. (Looks like it might be in use in the Colonies? If you'd like to update it, let me know and I'll send you the file!) Others found in my sig are small changes or some such, but I can't really take credit for their original design.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: July 15, 2015, 08:47:30 AM »
Didn't you do Eponllyn's banner too? I don't see it in your forum signature.

Eirikr

« Reply #13: July 15, 2015, 11:12:06 PM »
Didn't you do Eponllyn's banner too? I don't see it in your forum signature.

Not the original - I did some touch-ups, but I don't know if they ever got used. And my signature is limited in space, so I've made choices about which ones to display. :)

Edit: Added a few versions I found. (It looks like I didn't make proper game banner sized versions of the latter two.)
Here's what I did:

I don't seem to have the original now (had a hard drive die sometime last year that I think had it), but if I recall, I added the fancy bits in the green area. I did also make a version with a different hippocamp, but I can't seem to find that either. Found it!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 11:41:48 PM by Eirikr »