Author Topic: Dissolve Duchy after secession  (Read 2658 times)

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
Dissolve Duchy after secession
« Topic Start: July 18, 2015, 10:48:36 PM »
So Madina currently has a duchy consisting of a single rural. No Lord, no Duke. How do I abolish this Duchy/attach the region to another Duchy?

Also, should it even be possible for a single rural to be a duchy?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Dissolve Duchy after secession
« Reply #1: July 19, 2015, 02:26:36 AM »
A Lord must be appointed to the region (by the Duke, whom you will have to appoint), who can then change its allegiance to another Duchy. With the Duchy empty of regions, it can be dissolved (even while it still has a Duke, IIRC).
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: July 19, 2015, 10:00:41 AM »
A Lord must be appointed to the region (by the Duke, whom you will have to appoint), who can then change its allegiance to another Duchy. With the Duchy empty of regions, it can be dissolved (even while it still has a Duke, IIRC).

So a Duke can join another Duchy? Or should he appoint himself as Lord, step down as Duke and then join allegiance?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: July 19, 2015, 02:47:39 PM »
So a Duke can join another Duchy?

No.

Or should he appoint himself as Lord, step down as Duke and then join allegiance?

I think that should work.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: July 19, 2015, 07:51:45 PM »
I think that should work.

The best kind of thinking :D