Author Topic: Are Things Actually Happening?  (Read 8340 times)

kamandi

• Freeman
    • View Profile
Are Things Actually Happening?
« Topic Start: July 29, 2015, 02:52:16 AM »
My character has spent much of the past several weeks critically wounded, but it seems like there may actually be some activity on the North End of this continent...

Please tell me it's true?

Alex

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Are Things Actually Happening?
« Reply #1: July 31, 2015, 12:37:01 AM »
Hopefully the CE bloc doesn't get involved as a whole. Our PM is horribly conservative though.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: July 31, 2015, 01:16:18 AM »
I dont know anything about the north, but the south is boring. Even the war we have is boring, with all the militia that both sides are using. I suppose that Strombran and Tara might be having fun, since they are both exploiting everyone's unwillingness to break the federation to make unstoppable looting runs through Caergoth and Suville.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: July 31, 2015, 04:34:56 AM »
I dont know anything about the north, but the south is boring. Even the war we have is boring, with all the militia that both sides are using. I suppose that Strombran and Tara might be having fun, since they are both exploiting everyone's unwillingness to break the federation to make unstoppable looting runs through Caergoth and Suville.

See my above statement regarding our PM. If Sayuki had been elected, !@#$ would have gotten real. :3

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: July 31, 2015, 03:16:32 PM »

;D Isn't Atamara known for being boring?  ;D
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: July 31, 2015, 03:53:29 PM »
If Sayuki had been elected, !@#$ would have gotten real. :3

That's the problem. If this had happened, if that had happened... But it didn't happen. It never happens in CE/Tara. They have proven time and again that they dint want to shake things up. They are perfectly happy to do absolutely nothing and make the rest of the island bend into hideous contortions to prevent angering them and getting wiped out by the unbreakable federation of the two most massive realms on the island.

CE isn't even led or controlled by their PM anyway. They elected a Hemmings as their ruler last year. As soon as he did something they didn't like they protested him out, banned him, and convinced every other realm on the island to blackball him until he had to emigrate.

CE/Tara will never change until the island collapses from lack of players. Their unbreakable federation is literally killing the island.

Ossan

• Noble Lord
  • RIP Barca, Taselak, Cagil
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: July 31, 2015, 04:46:48 PM »
Hemmings? Oh was that the guy who basically went completely crazy and flipped out?

That was weird. Like actually pretty weird.

As for the stagnation, yeah, IDK how you are going to break up the Empire without major outside or natural forces severely weakening it. Too bad we can't have mongol invasions :D A few people have run on the platform of (OOC: Let's burn it down and shake things up with no real IC justification!" but that always kinds of fails.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 04:53:18 PM by Ossan »
Taselak is Best-elak.

Xavax, to be taken all day erry' day.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: July 31, 2015, 10:55:59 PM »
I don't know how you would do it either. I do know there have been opportunities, but no one has had the desire to follow through with them.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: August 01, 2015, 03:22:54 AM »
Hemmings? Oh was that the guy who basically went completely crazy and flipped out?

That was weird. Like actually pretty weird.

As for the stagnation, yeah, IDK how you are going to break up the Empire without major outside or natural forces severely weakening it. Too bad we can't have mongol invasions :D A few people have run on the platform of (OOC: Let's burn it down and shake things up with no real IC justification!" but that always kinds of fails.

If that's what you feel my campaign was, then you failed at reading comprehension. If you read my character's arguments for cutting ties and getting into a war, it was clearly stated that he believed the realm was dying slowly of stagnation and the realm was growing soft from its continued reliance on others. It was entirely about ensuring CE remained strong in and of itself.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: August 01, 2015, 08:47:48 AM »
If that's what you feel my campaign was, then you failed at reading comprehension. If you read my character's arguments for cutting ties and getting into a war, it was clearly stated that he believed the realm was dying slowly of stagnation and the realm was growing soft from its continued reliance on others. It was entirely about ensuring CE remained strong in and of itself.
I feel that is a very fair IC argument for your cause however insults never aid an argument so please keep them off the forum. Explain your viewpoint without causing trouble as no one likes it when moderator action is needed.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Ossan

• Noble Lord
  • RIP Barca, Taselak, Cagil
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: August 03, 2015, 05:47:52 PM »
I honestly don't even know who your character was (which happens to me a lot, I have a hard time keeping track). I just recall one guy who ran on a similar platform and then after he got elected he got into a fight with former leaders and other high up members of CE and it just got weird and oddly aggressive and inappropriate for a noble. I don't know if that was you or not, and it's been far too long ago for me to read the messages again.

I don't think the other people who ran on the platform of IC: I'm running for PM! (OOC: Let's shake things up despite not really having an IC reason) weren't elected. They weren't necessarily wrong, just didn't give a strong enough reason for other people to go along with it.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 05:49:29 PM by Ossan »
Taselak is Best-elak.

Xavax, to be taken all day erry' day.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: August 03, 2015, 09:00:49 PM »
I honestly don't even know who your character was (which happens to me a lot, I have a hard time keeping track). I just recall one guy who ran on a similar platform and then after he got elected he got into a fight with former leaders and other high up members of CE and it just got weird and oddly aggressive and inappropriate for a noble. I don't know if that was you or not, and it's been far too long ago for me to read the messages again.

I don't think the other people who ran on the platform of IC: I'm running for PM! (OOC: Let's shake things up despite not really having an IC reason) weren't elected. They weren't necessarily wrong, just didn't give a strong enough reason for other people to go along with it.

It's more because my character isn't an established noble of the realm, than because I don't have support. Since my first campaigns didn't succeed, I'm playing the long game now.