Author Topic: The Wedding  (Read 21967 times)

Chamberlain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: The Wedding
« Reply #30: August 09, 2015, 04:01:33 AM »
Roleplay from Catherine Chamberlain 

She had not expected something quite so... theatrical. Even after all these years the prime minister could surprise her. She was warmed by his words and found herself smiling despite herself. The absence of Garas from his words was apparent but she found solace too. He would not hurt her and he must know that any action taken against her love would damage her. She had read the missives from Durion but now felt reassured that her proposals may yet be accepted.

The platters had been bedecked with sweets and desserts for the past hour and now slowed to the occasional tidbits. She had given up counting the courses as the music had taken up in earnest. As the applause began to fade from Ecthelions speech she saw Garas, a black look to his face, he angrily gestured and the music resumed. She stood intending to take him to the floor, she found the way blocked.

"My Queen. .."

She smiled in recognition taking the man's hands: "Robert, I have had an eye out for you, have you just arrived? " The man looked troubled."What is it?" He glanced around his eyes alighting meaningfully on Garas and Ecthelion. "Dance with me."

Even before they reached the main area of the dance floor she had to politely decline the attempts of many a noble to cut in. As the joined the floor Robert pressed a folded parchment in her hand. With an intense look he guided her once around the floor then off to one side.

She unfolded the paper feeling the sickening drop in her stomach. Celine had been executed... She pushed the paper into the waistband of her gown feeling overly exposed in the dress of a sudden. She smiled briefly.

"Thank you Robert..." She kissed his cheek giving him a smile to reassure herself as well as him. "Might I impose on you to take my sister and collect Wulfric and have them join you at your lodgings. It would be good for them to see a little of what is outside the Palace.

Presenting her most serene face she moved at speed to find Garas.