Author Topic: The Wedding  (Read 21971 times)

Chamberlain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: The Wedding
« Reply #30: August 09, 2015, 04:11:50 AM »
Roleplay from Robert Stonefist   

Baron Stonefist moved quickly to get back to the celebration room, his mind racing more quickly than he could form thought. As he neared, the sounds of gaiety and laughter were replaced by commotion. Some flunky of the palace moved towards him.

"Halt!" called the guard.

"Out of my way," raged the Baron. "I must see my Queen immediately!"  He shoved the startled man aside, and burst through the door.

"Queen Catherine, are you all right?" Stonefist rushed to her side, a bit concerned that Garas was not already there. What kind of a person leaves the one they love most at a time like this?

"I am fine, Robert," she said, her voice calmer than his. Of course.

"I was on my way to, um, the facilities, when I was made aware of what happened. I rushed back as soon as I could." In a lower voice he added, "I saw Ecthelion fall. It looks bad, my Queen."

"Were you seen?" she whispered.

"No."

Brock came over to them. Loudly, he said, "Baron Stonefist, I am glad to have you here." Then he hissed in the Baron's ear, "There will be trouble. Be ready."

"I have my dagger," said Stonefist, raising an eyebrow. "And my men are on high alert, if we can get word to them."

"What of the others?" asked Catherine.

"I don't know. I told them to meet me, but I am unsure if they got outside or not."

"If they did," grimaced Brock, "then we are even fewer in number."

"But united in purpose," said the Queen. "Never forget that."

"What now?" asked Stonefist. He stared into the eyes of his Queen.