Author Topic: Wiki Errors/Confusion  (Read 11645 times)

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Errors/Confusion
« Reply #15: June 13, 2011, 03:10:27 PM »
Very tangled. I hope I got it all. There were several different root page names, variations of spelling and capitalization, that someone tried to fix with redirects. I think I ended up moving 10 or so pages, and deleting 20+ redirects, plus fixing links on several pages to point to the correct locations.

Ouch. But thats what I meant ;)
To be True, you must first be Loyal.
Count Ramiel Avis, Marshal of the Crusaders of the Path from Pian en Luries

Vaylon Kenadell

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Vaylon's Website
« Reply #16: June 14, 2011, 07:06:42 AM »
The Unit Settings page states that unit conduct determines how the unit will behave on the battlefield. I have previously read several posts that say this isn't true, and that unit conduct is solely for purposes of determining whether or not a unit will attack to begin with. Which is correct?

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: June 14, 2011, 07:15:38 AM »
Unit settings page is correct, but the way that works is not well understood.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

bluexmas

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: June 14, 2011, 02:06:37 PM »
I can't currently find any explanation of the protest function on the wiki. This page is the closest: http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Complain but that link to protest only takes one here: http://wiki.battlemaster.org/index.php?title=Protest&action=edit&redlink=1 .

I think this is important information for new to medium new folks so they can understand their options when rulers make decisions or appointments they don't agree with.
The Finsternis family welcomes you.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: June 14, 2011, 04:00:57 PM »
Protest page written.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: June 14, 2011, 05:33:12 PM »
Protest page written.

One thing I never quite understood about protests is how long do they last? If you protest someone and the protestee changes his way according to your wishes, there isn't really any way to "un-protest". Should you be repeating your protest every turn to be sure it has an effect? Could someone get kicked out of his position due to the cumulative effect of protests from a long time ago, many of which were done by characters who no longer have a reason to protest?
After all it's a roleplaying game.

egamma

« Reply #21: June 14, 2011, 07:40:54 PM »
One thing I never quite understood about protests is how long do they last? If you protest someone and the protestee changes his way according to your wishes, there isn't really any way to "un-protest". Should you be repeating your protest every turn to be sure it has an effect? Could someone get kicked out of his position due to the cumulative effect of protests from a long time ago, many of which were done by characters who no longer have a reason to protest?

It has to be a large number of protests (say more than 10) within a short time frame (a couple of days at most) that can cause honor loss and even position loss.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: June 14, 2011, 11:05:26 PM »
The number can remain within these game mechanics you should figure out by yourself, but the number of days should be made public, I think.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

bluexmas

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: June 15, 2011, 12:28:41 AM »
Thanks for fixing that so comprehensively. I'm impressed.
The Finsternis family welcomes you.

Vaylon Kenadell

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Vaylon's Website
« Reply #24: June 25, 2011, 10:15:57 AM »
What settings do militia units use in battle? For example, do infantry units deploy in the front? Do archer units? The article does not say.

egamma

« Reply #25: June 26, 2011, 08:58:22 PM »
Middle/defensive/dug in. not sure about formation, probably line or box.

If someone can verify then we can add that.