Author Topic: lightning bolts plox  (Read 44950 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: lightning bolts plox
« Reply #15: August 21, 2015, 05:42:22 AM »
Of course there are Tara and Strombran who are beyond despicable trying to have their cake and eat it too. This cowardly behaviour is worse than Talerium's and ML's make-believe war because it will eventually stiffle the only legit conflict on the continent and we'll be back to status quo.
Yeah, that really bothers my character. He's never been happy with the behavior of either of those two, in regards to the war. Tara is using their federation as carte blanche to do whatever the hell they want, knowing that no one dares step out of line. And Strombran is too scared to step out of line, because they know what will happen.
No idea what makes Indirik so optimistic.
I'm not so much optimistic as not so pessimistic. The situation on AT right now is nowhere near as bad as it was on EC back in... 2007(?) when Tom bolted about a half dozen rulers for conspired to keep the island from going back to war. There is a war going on, and it's serious for Suville and Caergoth, though it's a fake one for Strombran and Tara. I thought that there was still war in the north between ML and Talerium, with Rieleston trying to placate both sides, or something. TBH, I just didn't really care enough to figure it out. Not in my backyard, and all that.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Eirikr

« Reply #16: August 22, 2015, 12:03:54 AM »
I thought that there was still war in the north between ML and Talerium, with Rieleston trying to placate both sides, or something. TBH, I just didn't really care enough to figure it out. Not in my backyard, and all that.

There were some hits on ML, but it was painfully slow to do because of having to travel around Rieleston... which makes it look like no war exists. Now we've got Escent to thank for getting something rolling, but it needs to play out yet.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: August 23, 2015, 04:05:46 AM »
Too many !@#$ers trying to play logical characters. What kind of fun is that? Oh, the best thing is characters saying "don't be hasty" and "random comment about how the past was this, so any change is wrong". I'm getting !@#$ing fed up with people who are perfectly happy to watch the entire continent just die off from inactivity. Honestly, if you can't think up a reason for your character to do something to rock the !@#$ing boat, then you are thinking too narrowly with your character.

I mean, we've had our own nobles attacked by infiltrators and there's no outcry. I'm sorry, but CE has some of the most boring characters I've ever had the misfortune to roleplay with. I wouldn't wish it on even the worst powergamer to plague a Pathfinder group. Half of the realm are a bunch of white knights in shining armor whinging on about their "honor" and "history", a quarter is too scared of what might happen to them, and the remaining quarter is getting fed up IC and OOC that every single !@#$ing chance there is of us getting involved in something, ANYTHING, it gets shot down as too "risky".

I mean seriously, are we trying to bore players into quitting? Is that what we're trying to do? Because it certainly seems to be working, as I see a constant stream of characters fleeing to other continents or players just plain deleting their character. We have at least one region that's gone without a lord for at least three election cycles, not because there aren't any nobles to take the spot, but because all the knights are so apathetic towards the situation that they've probably lost all motivation to even do anything.

Rant over, please comment in whatever way you see fit.

Eirikr

« Reply #18: August 23, 2015, 08:09:15 AM »
Go join a realm actively doing something or about to do something?

I don't think anything's going to happen to CE until someone actually decides it's a good idea to attack them and can actually back it up.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: August 23, 2015, 09:26:32 AM »
Go join a realm actively doing something or about to do something?

I don't think anything's going to happen to CE until someone actually decides it's a good idea to attack them and can actually back it up.

Half the continent attacked them and it didn't work. At this point it has to be an internal change.

Ossan

• Noble Lord
  • RIP Barca, Taselak, Cagil
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: August 23, 2015, 10:03:02 AM »
If you're really that unhappy then why are you still there? There are realms in northern Dwilight that desperately need knights and are trying to keep things interesting in the limited space they have.
Taselak is Best-elak.

Xavax, to be taken all day erry' day.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: August 23, 2015, 07:21:00 PM »
If you're really that unhappy then why are you still there? There are realms in northern Dwilight that desperately need knights and are trying to keep things interesting in the limited space they have.

I'm the General of Helyg Derwyddon, I assure you that I'm perfectly aware of the situation. The reason I don't give up on CE is because Atamara has so much more potential than other continents. The issue is the consolidation of power in the center. If you take out that one thing, then suddenly most of the continent becomes a place where war is fluid and more than likely fast-paced. I honestly feel that the politics of Atamara are like two continental plates pushing against each other. For a long time they'll be stuck in place by friction and will be very, very hard to move. But eventually something will give and the results will be cataclysmic.

Oh, and CE just removed our Alliance with Talerium. >.> So something is happening.

Ossan

• Noble Lord
  • RIP Barca, Taselak, Cagil
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: August 23, 2015, 10:50:17 PM »
Nothing is going to happen. I'm pretty sure people only voted for that because "oh hey maybe we will go to war now!", but I'm pretty sure nothing will happen.

We're certainly not about to go to war with them anytime soon.

EDIT: Hang on, have you even ever had a character on Atamara? Though I totally understand wishing Atamara would have a bunch of big wars go on before sending a character there.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 11:01:18 PM by Ossan »
Taselak is Best-elak.

Xavax, to be taken all day erry' day.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: August 23, 2015, 11:17:55 PM »
Nothing is going to happen. I'm pretty sure people only voted for that because "oh hey maybe we will go to war now!", but I'm pretty sure nothing will happen.

We're certainly not about to go to war with them anytime soon.

EDIT: Hang on, have you even ever had a character on Atamara? Though I totally understand wishing Atamara would have a bunch of big wars go on before sending a character there.

Yes, yes I have. This account I use isn't my first. I was around when Darkans were still neutral mercenaries, and Falasan was a on its way to destruction. Norland and the Barony of Makar were still doing their weird viking shenanigans.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: August 24, 2015, 12:58:57 AM »
Atamara will change when the players in CE get so bored they leave, leaving CE a powerless shell. Then someone will finally realize they didn't have to walk the straight and narrow anymore. Until that happens you will continue to get crap like Tara and Strombran.

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: August 24, 2015, 12:53:12 PM »
Atamara will change when the players in CE get so bored they leave, leaving CE a powerless shell. Then someone will finally realize they didn't have to walk the straight and narrow anymore. Until that happens you will continue to get crap like Tara and Strombran.

Or if Tara and Strombran get so fed up with each other's bull!@#$ that the federation actually breaks. The only reason CE holds this much power, is because Tara hasn't broken with them yet.

Btw, for whoever made that comment on the southern war not being real. I can assure you it's very real for Caergoth and we're doing everything in our power to keep the battles coming, although our tactical decisions (attacking with a similar or smaller force) are not always advised. Nothing worse than going back to sitting still.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: August 24, 2015, 05:17:23 PM »
Re: the federation: i maintain my original assertion. Any more detail would be putting too much current ic info on the forums.

As for the southern war, it is indeed real for Suville and Ceargoth.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: September 03, 2015, 09:55:24 PM »
Things are getting interesting. FINALLY. Thanks for all the help CE senate, you've been soooo productive. :3

This basically goes along with my feelings irl, that if you want to keep the status quo, the best system is a democracy/republic, as change hardly ever happens in one. If you want change, an Autocracy is in order.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: September 04, 2015, 03:20:48 AM »
Republics have long been known to generate some very strong personality cults in this game. And as you have suggested, this leads to stability and stagnation. However, monarchies can do the same. It's not really the government, it's the players.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: September 04, 2015, 04:56:53 AM »
Republics have long been known to generate some very strong personality cults in this game. And as you have suggested, this leads to stability and stagnation. However, monarchies can do the same. It's not really the government, it's the players.

The difference is that CE is a true republic, while most other Republics in battlemaster are basically elected Monarchs. There isn't a personality cult going on in CE. Heck, our PM isn't happy with the Federation we have, but doesn't see an IC honorable way to change it without going against the Senate.

It's the Senate that is blocking all legislation, and by that I mostly mean older players who have been with the League for a long time. I mean, literally right now, Tara is having a vote on whether to stay in the Federation, and our own Senate, which has indeed heard these reports, is burying their heads in the !@#$ing sand.

"Oh you're just trying to declare war, blah blah blah" You just got told by our own PM, and have a letter from the ruler of Strombran, that Tara is having this vote. The very fact that the vote is going on should be a gigantic red flag that there is something wrong with Tara's relationship with the League. *sighs* I'm frankly flabbergasted.