Author Topic: lightning bolts plox  (Read 44937 times)

Eirikr

Re: lightning bolts plox
« Reply #30: September 04, 2015, 05:45:00 AM »
The very fact that the vote is going on should be a gigantic red flag that there is something wrong with Tara's relationship with the League.
Or, you know, that Federations are frustrating as hell. (I mean it can be both.)

Ossan

• Noble Lord
  • RIP Barca, Taselak, Cagil
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: September 04, 2015, 07:24:42 AM »
What do you want the senateto do about it? Break the alliance and attack them to force them to... keep the alliance?
Taselak is Best-elak.

Xavax, to be taken all day erry' day.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: September 04, 2015, 10:11:48 AM »
What do you want the senateto do about it? Break the alliance and attack them to force them to... keep the alliance?

Attack Talerium for not punishing their infiltrators, attack Tara for various things they've done in the Caergoth/Suville War and for threatening to break the Federation in the first place, defend Strombran from Tara.

I mean, pick a reason, doesn't have to match reality, and run with it. But nope, all of the nobles in CE are apparently uber smart white knight clones.

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: September 04, 2015, 10:25:29 AM »
Attack Talerium for not punishing their infiltrators, attack Tara for various things they've done in the Caergoth/Suville War and for threatening to break the Federation in the first place, defend Strombran from Tara.

I mean, pick a reason, doesn't have to match reality, and run with it. But nope, all of the nobles in CE are apparently uber smart white knight clones.

Tara and Strombran have done the exact same things during the Caergoth/Suville war. Both sides continue to complain, but very little is done about it. For your reasoning, CE could just as easily attack Strombran as Tara is an older ally than Strombran. Funny thing is, the federation is weird. There is no love between Tara and Strombran at all, but still enough fear for CE so it seems.

In the meantime, the Riverholm change should normally mean that the south goes back to peace again, because Caergoth can't break their alliance with Tara, as it means suicide, how fun!

Also if your Senate blocks all initiatives, one can still secceed as I did in Sirion.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: September 04, 2015, 03:37:42 PM »
"because Caergoth can't break their alliance with Tara, as it means suicide, how fun!"

Welcome to the freakin' club. That's the way Suville has felt since you started the war with Tara's help. We either stand there looking like chumps while Tara loots us to death, or break our alliance with Strombran in order to declare war on Tara to stop the looting, and end up getting wiped out for it by the entire federation who is sitting around bored waiting for the next red shirt to stand up and poke the bear.

This stupid political deadlock is the whole reason Suville offered the original 1-v-1 war you refused. This is exactly where we saw things going: Totally f'ed up by federation diplomacy.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: September 04, 2015, 05:42:23 PM »
It was either that, or no war at all because the militia from both sides (yes we did/do it also) makes it almost impossible to fight a normal war, as well as sieging a City solo is still impossible in this scenario. It was my hope that this war would break up the federation and at least have Tara and Strombran temporarily. At least something is happening, depending on what the Taran nobility decides.

The reason we refused the 1-1 war, was that we had tried it before and ended in a staring match between Worav and Wynford, which just bore people to death. We wanted to try something different. Different...it sure is different, but the coming time will tell what'll happen I guess. So far the change seems to have to come from outside of CE.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: September 04, 2015, 06:53:24 PM »
Tara and Strombran have done the exact same things during the Caergoth/Suville war. Both sides continue to complain, but very little is done about it. For your reasoning, CE could just as easily attack Strombran as Tara is an older ally than Strombran. Funny thing is, the federation is weird. There is no love between Tara and Strombran at all, but still enough fear for CE so it seems.

In the meantime, the Riverholm change should normally mean that the south goes back to peace again, because Caergoth can't break their alliance with Tara, as it means suicide, how fun!

Also if your Senate blocks all initiatives, one can still secceed as I did in Sirion.

Nearly all the dukes are Traditionalists, if one person secedes the rest will beat that duchy back into submission.

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: September 04, 2015, 07:09:37 PM »
Nearly all the dukes are Traditionalists, if one person secedes the rest will beat that duchy back into submission.

So, let them try. All Dukes should have enough funds to hold out for quite a while. Level 5 walls and a bunch of militia, with maybe a few knights who like the idea and it will be difficult to break the city into submission. Especially if it is one of the somewhat richer cities, of which CE has quite a few. It's better than doing nothing for years on end I'd say.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: September 04, 2015, 07:27:07 PM »
So, let them try. All Dukes should have enough funds to hold out for quite a while. Level 5 walls and a bunch of militia, with maybe a few knights who like the idea and it will be difficult to break the city into submission. Especially if it is one of the somewhat richer cities, of which CE has quite a few. It's better than doing nothing for years on end I'd say.

The issue with this if that happens, all opposition to the traditional elements dies off. CE becomes not just a stagnant force, but a force for stagnancy.

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: September 05, 2015, 08:20:05 PM »
The issue with this if that happens, all opposition to the traditional elements dies off. CE becomes not just a stagnant force, but a force for stagnancy.

But a far weaker version of itself, with enough outside forces then to change things. One thing you know for sure, if you do nothing, nothing changes.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: September 06, 2015, 01:28:49 AM »
But a far weaker version of itself, with enough outside forces then to change things. One thing you know for sure, if you do nothing, nothing changes.

Wow, amazing insight there. It's almost as if someone is stating the obvious.

Ossan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: September 06, 2015, 01:42:19 AM »

I don't think anyone in CE really cares about Caergoth or Suville. Attacking Talerium for infiltrator attacks we don't know anything about seems a bit silly.
Taselak is Best-elak.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: September 06, 2015, 03:09:03 AM »
I don't think anyone in CE really cares about Caergoth or Suville. Attacking Talerium for infiltrator attacks we don't know anything about seems a bit silly.

We know who committed at least two of them and that they were both Talerium infiltrators. We also know that those nobles are still a part of Talerium.

Ossan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: September 06, 2015, 08:17:45 AM »
I thought you didn't have any character in CE?

Also our Judge became our PM and our PM became our Judge. Some good discussion was had though so hopefully war will happen soon.
Taselak is Best-elak.

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: September 06, 2015, 11:54:27 AM »
Wow, amazing insight there. It's almost as if someone is stating the obvious.

Yet if it is this obvious, why does nothing happen still?

Well we'll see if something changes, in the meantime we'll do our part.