Author Topic: lightning bolts plox  (Read 44959 times)

Ossan

• Noble Lord
  • RIP Barca, Taselak, Cagil
    • View Profile
Re: lightning bolts plox
« Reply #75: December 06, 2015, 12:01:22 AM »
Yeah the limited landmass on BT is really making me hesitate moving a character there.
Taselak is Best-elak.

Xavax, to be taken all day erry' day.

Medron Pryde

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #76: December 06, 2015, 10:56:34 PM »
The north end is pretty good with lots of places to go.

But the southern end is strait jacketed a lot more...

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #77: December 06, 2015, 11:02:03 PM »
If each of Rio's cities were their own realm (or even 2 cities a realm), they're not badly-placed for some dynamic conflict.

Medron Pryde

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #78: December 06, 2015, 11:32:34 PM »
Yes.  But then they would be vulnerable to Thalmarkin sending a fleet and conquering one of those coastal cities down there.  That is one of the problems I have with the sea zones in Beluaterra.  It makes it too easy for one large power to project their power ANYWHERE...

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #79: December 06, 2015, 11:35:59 PM »
Yes.  But then they would be vulnerable to Thalmarkin sending a fleet and conquering one of those coastal cities down there.  That is one of the problems I have with the sea zones in Beluaterra.  It makes it too easy for one large power to project their power ANYWHERE...

If you can't put enough militia in a city to prevent an amphibious invasion of a city, you're doing it wrong.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #80: December 06, 2015, 11:46:33 PM »
I think they're much more vulnerable to Thalmarkin in the current state than several realms with various capitals would be, especially if those realms *did* war another and attract more nobles to those areas.

It's no different than Morek Empire/Luria.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #81: December 06, 2015, 11:54:44 PM »
I think they're much more vulnerable to Thalmarkin in the current state than several realms with various capitals would be, especially if those realms *did* war another and attract more nobles to those areas.

It's no different than Morek Empire/Luria.

Yep, they have too few nobles to be able to put up the Militia. But it's not my fault they haven't tried splitting up into smaller realms in order to attract more players.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #82: December 07, 2015, 12:13:17 AM »
I wasn't attributing blame, only making a comparison and a suggestion for improvement.

And my points were more in-reply to Medron than yourself; sorry for not quoting directly.

Medron Pryde

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #83: December 07, 2015, 12:37:08 AM »
You don't amphib invade the city.  You amphib one or two regions away.  THEN march on the city with your whole army.

At least that's what I've seen.  ;)

As for the idea of them splitting up and bringing in new players...that probably would work...the question is whether or not they WANT to do that...

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #84: December 07, 2015, 11:41:23 AM »
You don't amphib invade the city.  You amphib one or two regions away.  THEN march on the city with your whole army.

At least that's what I've seen.  ;)

As for the idea of them splitting up and bringing in new players...that probably would work...the question is whether or not they WANT to do that...

If they don't want to, then it's their own fault for being invaded and I do not pity them :)

And you can always place militia on your seashore regions. Even if Thalmarking invades 2 regions beyond the city, their casulties will be rather high.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela