Author Topic: The Empire  (Read 36217 times)

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The Empire
« Reply #30: September 08, 2015, 01:54:23 AM »
@gundammerc: the plan he discussed with me was to ally every realm except ow and coralynth and then declare war on each of them until they swore allegiance to claudio. he was quite sure in both ic and ooc communication that he would have the support of arcaea, sorraine, zonasa and gdd, and alternately made promises and threats according to this assumption to get myself and others on board with his plan. when he failed to gain my/jonn's support he announced to myself and others that cathay would be "destroyed", not just beaten into submission, but ended as a realm.

what is cynical is to assume that this plan would be somehow fun for the players of the realms being ganged up on. losing wars can be fun but impossible ones are not. had his plan succeeded it would have resulted in less nobles and less realms for the already depopulated far east, a point which i made several times in the course of trying to negotiate a more universally palatable version of his plan.

in fact it would not have been fun for hardly anyone, unless easy mode gangbang wars are your sort of thing. i would like to think of most bm players as appreciating the challenge of a good even war. which it looks like we are about to have, so that's fun.
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.