Author Topic: The Island Lives!  (Read 5056 times)

Audaci

• Peasant
    • View Profile
The Island Lives!
« Topic Start: September 07, 2015, 09:02:14 PM »
There hasn't been much discussion regarding EI for awhile but a lot has happened!

The war for Fallangard is showing signs of life!  A new siege for Oligarch is certainly about to happen, and even Nivemus has found it's way into a battle or two!

What's next for the Island? Is hope for new realms in the north all but lost? Will Fallangard rise from the brink of extinction? Is Vix really a match for Eponllyn (and what does that say for the Perdan vs Vix conflict?) How many realms can Caligus fight?

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The Island Lives!
« Reply #1: September 08, 2015, 10:49:16 AM »
The siege of Oligarch so far is taking an awefull long time. I start to wonder how this war will go if Sirion takes this much time every time.

The wars in the south are interesting also, but the question is how long they will last now that Nivemus has entered the fray.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: September 08, 2015, 04:48:48 PM »
Your hopes for the EI will be crushed!

(Unfortunately. It was really starting to heat up, too.)
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Zakilevo

« Reply #3: September 09, 2015, 12:32:04 AM »
Caligus is relatively a medium size realm. It is not a large realm. Just Perdan and Eponllyn togehter should easily take care of Caligus.

The game is about having more nobles even more so than before. Even having 5 more nobles can change the size of your army significantly these days.

Caligus is just buying itself more time with militia but gold eventually will run out.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: September 11, 2015, 08:26:08 AM »
New realm in north? Where? How is it possible? Orcs coming back? They used to live at Oligarch you know ::)

I think Fallangard could rise up from extinction. But I hear its army got defeated by Caligus recently. Or not. Hard to say, things changing very fast.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Zakilevo

« Reply #5: September 11, 2015, 08:35:39 AM »
New realm in north? Where? How is it possible? Orcs coming back? They used to live at Oligarch you know ::)

I think Fallangard could rise up from extinction. But I hear its army got defeated by Caligus recently. Or not. Hard to say, things changing very fast.

Well you know... Nivemus and Sirion both have more than 2 cities... More room for more realm possibly? >:D

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: September 11, 2015, 10:28:32 AM »
Haha you know very well how it's possible, in fact you should have seen this coming for a while now.

No orcs though, sorry.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: September 11, 2015, 03:52:37 PM »
I can't think that Sirion would willingly split.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: September 11, 2015, 06:50:59 PM »
I can't think that Sirion would willingly split.

They won't, the Lords were very clear about that.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: September 14, 2015, 11:13:38 AM »
Well you know... Nivemus and Sirion both have more than 2 cities... More room for more realm possibly? >:D
Hmmm, let see. Nivemus has very few nobles, if they secede, well there is a new small small realm. And likely small army as well.
I think you just reply yourself earlier why Nivemus is unlikely to secede in this near future. See below.

Like Sirion. There is a possibility that Nivemus could secede sometime ago due to some internal stuff. How many peaceful secession can we see so far on EI? Besides Nivemus from Sirion.

The game is about having more nobles even more so than before. Even having 5 more nobles can change the size of your army significantly these days.

They won't, the Lords were very clear about that.
Then is it lucky they select your character as Duke to help them secede? :P

There is 1 new update, see below. It is known across all realms, so no harm in putting this up. If I wrong, please remove.

Sirion has retaken Osslamar back from Duchies of Southern Sirion(DSS, can I call it that for short?). For your information, Osslamar is a region located in far north of Sirion and was taken by DSS through some back door strategy called "you pay me I give you". As of today DSS has only one city left, its capital Oligarch city. Will it stand the test of Sirion mighty armies? Will DSS employ more strategies that we never known is possible? Stay tuned and find out 8)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: September 14, 2015, 01:10:20 PM »
So far DSS has been very active actually. I think we struck Greatbridge 3 times by now, took out 2 or 3 Sirion nobles who needed to go back home to refit. Problem here is, every time we walk into Greatbridge about 4.5k-5k cs peasants rise up to fight us. But as a one city realm, there are limited tactics you can employ of course. But I honestly doubt that Sirion can actually take the City.

As for Osslamar, IC of course Garas would deny any 'bought' argument. Nigel has a very legitimate claim on the region blablabal :)