Author Topic: Considering Return - State of the Game  (Read 8643 times)

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Considering Return - State of the Game
« Reply #15: September 18, 2015, 02:24:32 PM »
I believe if the South Island is "finished" and it would start again, it would be a complete reset (including the death of all characters). I'm not sure though - the devs might as well decide on the matter when the moment is there.
Ardet nec consumitur.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: September 18, 2015, 04:11:46 PM »
There hasn't been any determination of that. I would imagine that the island would be a complete wipe and restart with all new characters. I think that the way the previous island did it was too allow emigration from the island once it was stopped. Any character left on the wipe day was deleted.

Anyway, that's how I would vote on the issue.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: September 19, 2015, 11:31:04 AM »
Many tried to break the alliance up and at least for the south, it has seen somewhat successful.

The fact that the south lost the last great war prob helped quite a bit as well, as well as Sirion's refusal to mix herself into any of the wars (unlike CE for instance). The plan to break Nivemus and Sirion unfortunately failed miserably, but I agree that EI currently has a lot of good things in it.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: September 20, 2015, 11:50:07 PM »
Just a question in between: say I'm considering to leave the game, am I allowed to pass on my family to someone else to play with it? Obviously renouncing all rights to avoid future drama. Handing over the family would allow whoever jumps in to start with a little boost.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: September 21, 2015, 12:37:19 AM »
There's no rule against that, so long as there's no multi accounting involved. As far as I know. I don't think it's really a good idea, though. People will assume that the player will know a lot more than they do. And there's often a lot of baggage that goes along with a family due to prior actions by the player.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: September 22, 2015, 11:52:42 AM »
I don't think it's really a good idea, though. People will assume that the player will know a lot more than they do. And there's often a lot of baggage that goes along with a family due to prior actions by the player.

Yeah, I thought of that too. But you can change the family/character names right? Also you could start from an rp narrative where a different branch of the family takes over or something.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: September 22, 2015, 02:01:45 PM »
The name change is explicitly for changing names from inappropriate to appropriate, not for any RP purpose. Any name change requests like that would get rejected out of hand.

If someone else wants to play an offshoot of your family, they should start their own account and RP it as being an offshoot of your family.

Fundamentally, what you're talking about is, in fact, a new family, so there's no good reason that it should be anything other than that mechanically.

What's the purpose of handing over your account to someone, anyway? Just so that they could start with lots of fame? If they kept your characters, it would cause all kinds of confusion and logical problems, and they would be thrown into the middle of everything at a time when they should be trying to learn the game at their own pace.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: September 22, 2015, 03:35:43 PM »
The name change is explicitly for changing names from inappropriate to appropriate, not for any RP purpose. Any name change requests like that would get rejected out of hand.

If someone else wants to play an offshoot of your family, they should start their own account and RP it as being an offshoot of your family.

Fundamentally, what you're talking about is, in fact, a new family, so there's no good reason that it should be anything other than that mechanically.

What's the purpose of handing over your account to someone, anyway? Just so that they could start with lots of fame? If they kept your characters, it would cause all kinds of confusion and logical problems, and they would be thrown into the middle of everything at a time when they should be trying to learn the game at their own pace.

It would be useful because they wouldn't have to build up fame to get three characters. Literally one of the worst things for new players in this game is only being able to start in two realms, when there's a total of 6 continents you can start on right away. Finding a realm that's enjoyable thus becomes a matter purely of luck, as it would be frustration to go to one realm, wait a weak to figure out if it's any good, then deleting said character and making a new character in a new realm to try out a new realm. It frankly sucks to be a new player with a new account.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: September 22, 2015, 05:06:02 PM »

It came up in this thread because I figured an old player like Silverfire might benefit from taking over an existing account like mine.

I didn't realize the name change link would lead to an approval phase. If it's intended for rooting out inappropriate stuff only it's out of the question, naturally.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: September 22, 2015, 05:11:03 PM »
I agree with the character limit, though. I would prefer a change to start with three, expand to four over time. And maybe stop there altogether.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: October 07, 2015, 09:51:20 PM »
Just a question in between: say I'm considering to leave the game, am I allowed to pass on my family to someone else to play with it? Obviously renouncing all rights to avoid future drama. Handing over the family would allow whoever jumps in to start with a little boost.

TL;DR - No, you are not allowed. It's prohibited in the Social Contract.

This is in the Social Contract you agreed to play (and which the other player would be required to agree to in your hypothetical situation): "Your account in the game is yours and yours alone. You may not share it with someone else nor give it to anyone, not even temporarily."
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 09:55:55 PM by Vita »

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: October 08, 2015, 11:50:29 PM »
TL;DR - No, you are not allowed. It's prohibited in the Social Contract.

This is in the Social Contract you agreed to play (and which the other player would be required to agree to in your hypothetical situation): "Your account in the game is yours and yours alone. You may not share it with someone else nor give it to anyone, not even temporarily."

Ah yes. I went to look for hard rules but didn't see that for some reason. Sorry for wasting your time :)