Author Topic: Optimal character skills training methodology  (Read 2854 times)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
Re: Optimal character skills training methodology
« Topic Start: September 17, 2015, 08:42:15 PM »
If anyone ever managed to show me evidence that that was the case (that was actually statistically significant), I would nerf it until it was no longer the case.

The only way in which I think this could be reliably determined would be in a test environment, ten hours to kill, 30 test characters with unlimited gold and hours. Otherwise, I'll just trust your statement to use all hours then.

If gold is no barrier, use the best trainer with all hours. Also, if training sword or lance, go to all tournaments.

If gold is limited, use the cheapest trainer possible, but still use all hours. This is a bit slower, but much cheaper.

Any idea if there are inflection points on training chances based upon trainer chosen and current skill level? In other words do you experience diminishing returns, linear returns, or some other form.

I'm guessing this is info the Devs wouldn't state definitively but that perhaps some old guard players have experienced with.

In other words, if gold is limited, at what exp levels do you increase tutor levels.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."