Author Topic: Can not emigrate my character due to database restrictions  (Read 1771 times)

T0mislav

I attempted to emigrate my character from East Continent to Atamara and I got the following information:
"There is already another character on that island with the same name. You can not emmigrate there due to database restrictions, sorry."

I used option "Politics/Rename this character or your family..." explaining the reason for changing name of my character and after few days I have received information that my request is denied.

I red help page on wiki - it says that the option is for character names that are not good i.e. that are misspelled or that are violating Medieval Atmosphere.
No one can tell that in situations like upper stated changing of name is not justified - my character's name is maybe not violating Medieval Atmosphere, but in Medieval it was common that more people have the same name - inability that more characters have the same name on the same continent is not something that is part of Medieval Atmosphere but is only database restriction. - Why should players suffer by not being able to move their characters to other continents due to database restrictions when the database restriction problem can easily be avoided by simple changing of character name?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
For myself, I'm fine with minor name changes for immigration purposes, but I don't make the policy.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I tend to agree with Indirik here.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
After all it's a roleplaying game.