Author Topic: What Lies West II a.k.a. The Cause  (Read 9608 times)

Zakilevo

Re: What Lies West II a.k.a. The Cause
« Reply #15: July 10, 2015, 07:08:43 AM »
I've spent months getting those RCs up in Shrine of Seeklanders.... Only to see them disappear so quickly. :(

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: July 10, 2015, 10:27:19 AM »
We'd have to treat lands in the west as temporary from the get-go. Night's Watch Mark I here we come! I've send word out to the other rulers, let's see if we can make something happen.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: July 11, 2015, 03:51:56 AM »
Certainly was when I was in Caerwyn, Asylon, Terran and Farronite Republic

Certainly was not my experience in Farronite Republic and Barca. Especially my time in Farronite Republic. The political balance was always in flux, especially with the Terran break-up and the war between Astrum and the realms surrounding it, which went back and forth for a while.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: July 13, 2015, 05:50:29 AM »
Certainly was not my experience in Farronite Republic and Barca. Especially my time in Farronite Republic. The political balance was always in flux, especially with the Terran break-up and the war between Astrum and the realms surrounding it, which went back and forth for a while.

Good times.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Samboji

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: October 01, 2015, 05:13:12 PM »
A bit of a necro, but....

Have you thought of sending a couple of adventurers over there to scout the place out for you? Get them to join a guild, give them 50 gold for ship travel and boring services/mail delivery costs, then have them scout out a few regions every day or two.

It'd be a low-cost way of seeing if there's any weak points in hordes. How much do they move around? Etc.

They might even stumble onto an old item or two while investigating (it does happen sometimes).

Sure, they can't actually fight the monsters, but it'd be a cheap way of moderately accurate scouting. They're pretty expendable anyway. That way, we get all the information, while still being able to chop each other apart with proper armies in the meantime.

I'll have a new advy soon (enoblising my current for laughs), so I might be up for it, just to see how it goes. I wonder if the monsters ate all the undead over there? Could almost be a self sustaining scout if they didn't. Bring a tent and some adventure gear and see how it goes.

Graeth

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: October 01, 2015, 07:05:59 PM »
Had an advy over there when it first started. Hordes were powerful enough he got injured nearly every hunting trip, even with 100 swordfighting skill.
Geg Family: Elshon (Bel)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: October 01, 2015, 07:20:13 PM »
Adventurers can get caught and tossed into prison when in rogue regions. No free wandering like they used to have when Dwilight first opened. When they get out they go back to their capital.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Ossan

• Noble Lord
  • RIP Barca, Taselak, Cagil
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: October 02, 2015, 04:14:27 AM »
Sometimes I have trouble getting past level 4 groups heh.
Taselak is Best-elak.

Xavax, to be taken all day erry' day.

Samboji

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: October 02, 2015, 04:58:23 AM »
Yeah. Regardless of the West, my current advy is getting beaten and battered far more often recently. I think she was about 75 weapon/75 adventure equipment capped, but apparently you can only go 1% higher than equipment cap (no matter how many times it says you've increased your skill). It's a proper hard cap, not a soft-cap until you buy stuff.

But yeah. Stuff is harder to fight than it's ever been. I've been told that there's no code changes, but it might be the 3 hour room-rest thing (which is essential for active adventurers, but was being looked into), or a tester for the rise of adventurer guilds on Dwilight (it's because Dwilight advies kick arse).

Still. Gonna send someone somewhere. Why not west?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: October 02, 2015, 02:45:56 PM »
I do not believe it is a hard cap. But I'm curious why you think it is.

Samboji

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: October 07, 2015, 07:35:41 AM »
After getting many reports of "You have increased your x skill", it didn't budge an inch on the Fame screen. That might not be accurate though, not as a skill amount (is it more of a "top listing"?)

The fame screen also said I had 7 in infiltration as an advy, so who knows. I've just enoblised that character, so I'll do more research.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: October 07, 2015, 02:41:45 PM »
The Fame screen is a relative listing. It compares you to everyone else. If you didn't pass anyone, it won't change.