Author Topic: My Guy Syndrome  (Read 5698 times)

daviceroy

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: My Guy Syndrome
« Topic Start: October 28, 2015, 05:21:12 PM »
I'll give an example of what I'm doing in Atamarra to change things up.  This is no endorsement of my characters or the situation or even myself.  It's just my 2 cents.

Some players in Atamarra have been working on a plan to reshape the major 4 realms (Talerium, Tara, CE, and Strombran).  A lot of the people are comfortable and it requires changes within the characters to some degrees.  Susan (former PM and current Judge of CE) has held honor as a key component of her character.  I have had to find a reason for her to want to break things apart.  The reasoning that is being formed in her mind is how CE has fallen from the honorable realm that it once was to a realm who will just bully a neighbor because it can.  This has led to her sowing the seeds of trying to split portions off from CE into a more honorable realm.

From an OOC perspective, I think it'll be more fun for a facelift for the realms to happen.  It'll give people a chance to figure out a new future and for new battles.  It'll break up the federations and alliances of old.  Give new interesting options to players to interact.  I'm hoping that it can still work to bring back some of the fun to Atamarra.

As I've said to others on this topic though, we can't just sit back and say we are doing anything.  Find a good motivation.  When a character looks crazy, people will treat it that way.  Sometimes that can be quite fun to be the crazy duke. ;)